Reports To: Unit Director Trainings: Annual, CPI, BLS Position Summary:
The Registered Nurse is a member of the interdisciplinary team working in collaboration with the Physician. The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing care process consistent with their license and/or certification including initiation of culturally competent continuum of care including inpatient, outpatient and community settings. The Registered Nurse is responsible to oversee any necessary coordination of the interdisciplinary plan of care. The patient care process includes:
* Assessment - an orderly process consisting of the identification, gathering and organization of subjective and objective data pertaining to the patient/family/significant other, including physical, psychosocial, spiritual and cultural.
* Planning - an organized step in the process that consists of the identification of actual or potential problems and desired outcomes (goals) that result in a documented plan of care. The plan of care provides direction for the patient/family/significant other and interdisciplinary team.
* Intervention - the specific interventions or orders that are implemented consistent with the plan of care and medical treatment plan.
* Evaluation - a step in the process that involves determining the effectiveness of the interventions in achieving the plan of care and determining the conclusions concerning the achievement or lack of achievement of desired outcomes. The evaluation may initiate the need for reassessment and revisions to the problems, goals, plan of care, and interventions. Duties and Responsibilities:
* Competently administers and monitors prescribed psychotropic medications and injections.
* Keeps accurate records of all medications.
* Adheres to policy and procedure regarding medication administration and storage.
* Provides education regarding medications and health related issues.
* Participates, with other team members and consumers/family/others as appropriate, in the completion and updating of treatment plans for each consumer within established time frames or as indicated by consumer need.
* Documents all consumer interactions, including sessions with consumers/families/others as appropriate within established time frames.
* Performs on-call responsibilities as assigned.
* Completes required educational interventions.
* Provides physical health education to staff.
* Identifies clients at risk for health problems.
* Supports referral to and completion of physical health assessments.
* Implements self-management strategies.
* Monitors progress of clients toward established wellness goals.
* Develops a process that engages and establishes collaborative relationships with PCP/medical specialty providers, and collaborate with clients' PCPs and specialty physicians/providers to enhance client experience and overall health.
* Assists with the oversight of quality assurance by monitoring completion and quality of assessments, referrals, coordination of services, and action plans for clients.
* Maintains compliance with the DMHAS licensing regulations including the confidentiality of clients receiving treatment for substance use.
* Assists with outcomes assessment activities.
* Participates in treatment team conferences to support best practices.
* Models and support clients and staff in health and wellness activities and with using healthy coping skills.
* Participates in assigned meetings, staff development activities, and trainings.
* Supports the organization's mission to create a healthier community.
* May operate as lead nurse on site when Director of Nursing is not on site. Duties and Responsibilities specific to PACT Nurse in addition to above:
* Coordinates continuity of care with medical services in the community.
* Provides care consistent with licensure.
* Maintains and makes available to Psychiatrist the pharmaceutical sample supply.
* Assures medication accuracy in delivery system to consumers.
* Organizes and coordinates psychiatry.
* Completes progress notes accurately, addressing treatment goals, major treatment issues and changes in mental status.
* Writes in a professional and competent manner.
* Proficient in the knowledge and skills described in the core competency curriculum for each assigned age/disability group.
* Develops an adequate professional working relationship with all referral sources and relevant agencies.
* Assists with case management and intra/interagency coordination of services for consumers.
* Responds to consumer defined crises 24 hrs per day, 365 days per year, providing crisis intervention and consultation to consumers, their families and others.
* Monitors medication intake by assessing symptoms, side effects and medication compliance, reporting to team.
* Works cooperatively with staff and supervisor.
* Seeks supervision in a professional manner and documents supervision.
* Demonstrates a willingness to serve on professional committees, attend staff meetings, attend in-services, etc.
* Effectively facilitates social and recreational activities.
* Effectively facilitates psychoeducational groups.
* Assists in the interviewing process for job applicants.
* Spends time in consumer's residence and community in order to realize goals of the consumer's treatment plan.
* Maintains a NJ driver's license.
* Practices safe and courteous driving habits.
* Engages in supportive counseling and provides education in daily living skills.
* Transports consumers as needed.
* Documentation must be completed within one (1) calendar day of service delivery.
* Productivity goals shall meet % as designated by department. Licensure/Certification:
Current and valid license to practice as Registered Nurse
Current and valid NJ driver's license with a clean MVR record to be checked periodically. Minimal Qualifications:
For PACT RN
Education: Graduate of accredited nursing school
Experience: One year in behavioral health setting
Trainings: Blood borne pathogen training required. For Substance Use Disorder (SUD) RN:
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
Experience: Minimum 3 years RN experience in addiction medicine required, which includes the following:
o Direct detoxification experience utilizing various assessment tools (CIWA/COWS).
o The use of different medication protocols for detoxification of multiple substances.
o Assessment of the detoxifying client.
o Maintains compliance with the DMHAS licensing regulations including the confidentiality of drug and alcohol clients.
o Participates in treatment team conferences to support best practices.
o Models and supports clients and staff in health and wellness activities with using healthy coping skills.
o At least one year experience in behavioral health field or appropriate internship required.
o Experience/education surrounding medication assisted treatment (MAT). General Qualifications
* Strong physical/visual and psychiatric assessment skills.
* Experience in client education (particularly medication education).
* Understands and supports a trauma-informed system of care.
* Experience with motivational interviewing (MI) preferred.
* Excellent computer skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
* Self-directed and flexible to meet the needs of administration and management.
* Sensitivity to a cultural diverse client population and workplace.
* Support and validation of individual differences to create a harmonious work environment. Equipment Use: Computer, copier, facsimile The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position
Apply on company website