The Software Developer III is responsible for leading the creation including design proposal, testing, implementation and maintenance of the organization's web site, intranet, mobile and web applications. Analyzes and provides solutions to overcome complex software problems using the latest technologies. The Software Developer III demonstrates advanced knowledge of developing web sites and applications using a variety of technologies. This position requires on-call responsibilities and rotational shift coverage (early and late shifts). This position supports organizational goals by providing quality customer service, participating in performance improvement efforts, and demonstrating a commitment to teamwork and cooperation. Acts as a liaison to other AtlantiCare departments. QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION: Master's in Computer Science or related field is required.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Microsoft Certified Professional Certifications preferred.
Preferred: Experience with development of API and FHIR and the use of software development kits to facilitate integrations between systems. AJAX, PHP, MySQL, Web Services, iOS Development, JQuery Mobile, and other web-related languages and protocols. EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 10 years of fulltime healthcare related web development experience is required.
* Experience working in a technical environment.
* Advanced knowledge with software development lifecycle, building web applications and managing web servers including multimedia.
* Relevant Microsoft web development or open source certification.
* Demonstrated ability to interact with customers/users providing exceptional customer service while driving design decisions PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
* Demonstrates experience with web services & web integration technologies like REST, SOAP and XML.*
* Promotes patient, physician and employee satisfaction by uncovering customer needs through open-ended questions, clarifying expectations and anticipate the need for resolution.*
* Follows up by communicating with customers in a timely manner, even if the issue is not resolved.*
* Leads in integration of Cerner clinical application with web technologies.*
* Maintains understanding of healthcare/technology environment. Continuously increase knowledge of industry trends and best practices by utilizing journals, publications, textbooks, seminars and training programs as appropriate to enhance personal skills and expertise.*
* Leads in designing, testing, implementation and maintenance of a wide variety of content for the organization's web applications and properties including, but not limited to text, audio, graphics and video.*
* Acts as a Project Manager when required.*
* Works under general direction within framework of accountability. Exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy.*
* Plans work to meet given project objectives, timelines and budgets.*
* Investigates, defines and works with the project team members to resolve complex problems.*
* Tracks and reports on all project related issues and risks until they are resolved or mitigated.*
* Appropriately demonstrates use of applicable standards, methodologies, tools and applications.*
* Works with Software Developers with content management systems, responsive design and object oriented programming.*
* Leads in providing training to clients of various business levels on how to develop and maintain their sites or applications.*
* Leads in integration of the organization's web applications and sites with back end databases and files.
* Demonstrates ability to lead and manage multiple projects, completing them on time and within budget guidelines.*
* Works with graphic designers, marketing, and other members of the technical team to develop site content and site architecture while configuring new functionality.*
* Demonstrates advanced experience with content management systems and responsive design is required.*
* Demonstrates ability to analyze and debug code is required.*
* Demonstrates strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle Experience (requirements, structured or object oriented design, integrated testing, methodologies).*
* Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service.*
* Demonstrates proven experience managing a product through the entire development lifecycle to include a successful implementation.*
* Possess strong knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures and accurately suggests the use of the appropriate technology for the application.*
* Uses communication and team work skills to maintain successful working relationships throughout the organization.*
* Listens effectively, builds strong relationships, maintains good rapport, and openly shares best practices, tools and expertise.*
* Treat others with respect and values their input and opinions.*
* Identifies and implement methods to continuously improve processes and outcomes.*
* Understands the importance of IT systems support to the delivery of care in a 24X7 environment and ensures application availability within set standards.*
* Demonstrates ability to work on several tasks simultaneously.*
* Assures the Information Technology (IT) needs support the goals and objectives of the customer as well as the business needs of AtlantiCare.*
* Ensures a smooth and thorough turnover process to technical and operational support.*
* Utilizes the ITIL framework in the areas of incident, change and problem management services within AtlantiCare.*
* Performs other duties as assigned.* WORK ENVIRONMENT
Works with such equipment as computer terminal, fax machine, copier, and telephone. This position requires repetitive motion, hearing, and kneeling, reaching, reading, seeing, speaking, standing, stooping, and sitting a majority of the time. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
This position reports to department leadership.
The above statement reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Apply on company website