POSITION SUMMARY Reports To: Project Director Suicide Prevention Initiative Training: CPI, Annual, Safety, six (6) hours in discipline, Heart Saver First Aid CPR/AED (HSFAC)
Position Summary: The Suicide Prevention Coordinator is a 15 month, grant-based position, responsible for assisting in the implementation of the Suicide Care Management Protocol and the Outreach Protocol for clients who are identified as high-risk for suicide throughout the AtlantiCare system. The Coordinator is integral in assisting at-risk clients in transitioning among service providers, promptly accessing needed services, and adhering to all elements of the client's safety plan. The Coordinator collaborates with all AtlantiCare providers who screen and assess clients for suicide risk to assist in the integration of care for identified clients. The Coordinator is competent in the use and interpretation of all suicide screening and assessment tools and is trained on the ABH preferred suicide psychosocial treatment modality. Under the supervision of a licensed independent practitioner, the Coordinator may provide supportive counseling to clients and their families according to demonstrated competence. The Coordinator is supervised in these tasks by a licensed independent practitioner. Duties and Responsibilities:
* Competent in the use and interpretation of all suicide screening tools.
* Competent in the use and interpretation of all suicide assessment tools.
* Uses assessment information to formulate a Client Safety Plan.
* Accepts referrals from all AtlantiCare service providers of clients assessed for high-risk of suicide.
* Completes all assigned elements of SCMP within timeframes established by the Suicide Care Management Protocol (e.g. contact with client, appointment scheduling, assistance with care transitions).
* Coordinates with service providers in timely completion of Outreach Protocol (e.g. contact with client, notification of emergency services).
* Demonstrates knowledge of community resources and assists referred client in accessing needed resources.
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to any age/disability group assigned.
* Provides competent psychotherapy utilizing the preferred ABH suicide treatment modality.
* Provides competent crisis intervention.
* Provides clinical guidance and appropriate interaction with external providers.
* Documents all client interactions, including all sessions with clients, families, significant others, etc. within established time frames.
* Completes Progress Notes accurately, addressing treatment goals, major clinical issues and changes in mental health status.
* Writes in a professional and competent manner.
* Documentation must be completed within one (1) calendar day of service delivery
Education: Master's Degree in behavioral health with either NJ LAC or LSW licensure required
Experience: Two (2) years in behavioral health setting. Must be able to conduct therapy sessions in the language of the population served, if applicable.
Training: Therapists providing Assessment, Treatment Planning and Psychotherapy to SA/MICA clients must have 60 hours of training specific to addiction services Preferred Qualifications: Additional years experience in behavioral health setting. Bilingual in English/Spanish Training in CBT-SP.
Equipment Use: Computer, copier, facsimile
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position
Apply on company website