Job Req ID: 233496
Position Number: 00138372
Employment Type: PRN
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: PRN - days and hours may vary
Standard Hours: 4.00
Department Name: Sports Medicine/Events
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Location Details: Charlotte Metro Area
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealthJob Summary
Evaluates, plans, directs, and administers programs of athletic training. Plans and conducts athletic training programs to restore function, prevent disability, and help athletes reach their maximum level of independence. Performs supervisory duties.
- Evaluates athletes and sports related injuries, designs and implements athletic training for rehabilitation and reconditioning, establishes a care plan to include necessary activities and athlete education as warranted by the athlete's diagnosis and condition.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician, athlete, and/or family as evidenced by documentation.
- Communicates athlete's evaluation and subsequent progress to physician, referral sources, and other clinical staff and coordinates athlete's schedule, treatment programs, discharge planning, and recommends solutions to athlete care problems.
- Documents evaluations, tests, progress reports, daily treatment notes, attendance, records, athlete/family education, outcomes, discharge notes, and changes as needed.
- Applies strapping, bandaging, or bracing designed to prevent or protect athletes from injury and identifies need for and utilizes appropriate assistive devices.
- Assists with orienting new staff, students and volunteers, and provides cross-coverage as needed throughout Carolina Healthcare System facilities and provide on-site athletic training coverage at sporting events.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with athletes, staff, family, visitors, etc. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and normal language/cognitive skills. Must be able to push athletes in a wheelchair or stretchers. Lifting of athletes, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 100 pounds rarely. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Must be able to transfer athletes. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to athletes/caregivers. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in Athletic Training from an accredited Athletic Training education program required. Successful completion of the Certification Examination through the National Council for Athletic training required. Licensed in NC or SC as an Athletic Trainer. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website