Job Req ID: 205385
Position Number: 00147988
Employment Type: PRN
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: PRN - M-F Days, days and hours vary
Standard Hours: 4.00
Department Name: Outpatient Imaging CT
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: Morehead Imaging Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealthJob Summary
Performs procedures in accordance to the departmental protocols and standards in the radiology area. Operates CT Scanners and associated equipment with proficiency. Utilizes laser camera, processors, injectors, O2 and suction equipment.
- Examines requests and verifies orders on each assigned patient. Refers any questionable orders to the Radiologist before performing procedure. Contacts ordering physician when there are discrepancies and requests a corrected written order.
- Correlates prior exams, applicable test results, and lab data pertinent to exam being performed.
- Records medical history on requisition/questionnaire as needed for Radiologist and properly scans documents into HIS.
- Obtains medications, radiopharmaceuticals, or contrast materials as directed for administration by a licensed practitioner, authorized/certified technologist, or registered nurse.
- Verifies the correct patient by checking the patient's identification and validating proof of identity.
- Prepares patient for the procedure and provides necessary instructions.
- Performs basic patient care functions and informs appropriate nursing personnel of any changes in the patient's condition.
- Evaluates technical quality of exams, develops and utilizes various techniques for elevated quality and efficiency within the department.
- Differentiates artifacts from anatomical or pathological structures and recognizes imaging abnormalities and performs additional imaging as needed.
Requires moderate to heavy physical efforts in lifting and moving patients, equipment and supplies. Required to assist all patients throughout their exam. Strenuous physical effort may be required while assisting patients from wheelchairs and stretchers. Work requires unrestricted walking, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, twisting, pushing and pulling. Must be able to read and understand patient orders and technical materials. Motor coordination needed to operate heavy and delicate equipment. Intact sense of sight and hearing for distances of up to 20 feet is necessary.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited 2 year AMA and ARRT-approved program in Radiologic Technology required. ARRT certification required. Registry eligible and must be taken within 1 year of hire date. 1 year experience in Diagnostic Radiology or 1 year experience in CT scanning or equivalent applicable experience required. BLS HCP certification from AHA required. 1 year of direct patient care work experience required. Completion of IV starting and contrast administration competencies are required before performing venous contrast administration.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website