Job Req ID: 205635
Position Number: 00135030
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM to 4:30PM
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Emergency Management
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Responsible for the Emergency Management (EM) program. Educates, trains and manages the Emergency Operation Plan. Manages an ongoing process to collect information and opportunities under a continuous quality improvement system. Identifies, evaluates, and develops strategies for the Emergency Management program to comply with all regulatory requirements and identified industry best practices. Responsible for maintaining procedures for mitigation, preparedness, response, recovery and continuity of business. Leads facility(s) in developing and implementing the necessary documentation. Plans, executes and evaluates; including the creation of after action reports and lessons learned; exercises of various types and scope. Responds and recovers to emergency events. Manages an incident command system.
- Coordinate and uphold a defined scope of Emergency Management program(s) to comply with all licensure, accreditation and regulatory requirements;
- Periodically will take Administrator on Call duties for the Atrium health EM department and organization.
- Develop and conduct Emergency Management education and training;
- Coordinate collection, organization, analysis, and standardized reporting of information and corrective actions in conjunction with an effective audit program;
- Provide leadership and act as a subject matter expert for Emergency Management functions working within to assure compliance with Emergency Management standards;
- Supports and leads systemwide projects through project management;
- Work with peers among facility(s) in Emergency Management functions to direct implementation and monitoring of identified Emergency Management program recommendations;
- Analyze and recommend continual improvement measures for prevention, mitigating, planning, response, recovery and continuity of business;
- Lead the development and maintenance of the Emergency Operations Plan, procedures and documentation related to Emergency Management at the facility(s) level;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with professional organizations and other healthcare organizations, municipal services, and regulatory authorities;
- Develop and submit reports of survey assessment findings, recommendations and assists in identifying and implementing corrective actions;
- Present quality status and performance measure reports;
- Provide annual evaluations, risk assessments of the program and facility(s);
- Maintain equipment, tools and recommend mitigation strategies;
- Support corporate operations and the entire healthcare system;
- Regularly conduct rounds for the facility(s) included in the scope of the program and related fields;
- Implement and oversee special projects as directed;
- Support community planning including local, regional and state Emergency Management, Homeland Security and Business Continuity authority;
- Provide technical and subject matter expert for facility(s) during emergency and disaster situations;
Works in an office environment sitting, standing, and walking. Works with standard office equipment (computer, telephone, fax, copter, etc.). May spend time in a healthcare facility or support services setting. Must be able to carry up to 15 pounds. Travel to other facilities is required. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree required. Masters Degree preferred. 5 to 7 years experience in related discipline required. 3 years experience in healthcare preferred. Professional licensure or certification (i.e. PE, AIA) preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website