Company: Aultman Health Foundation
Location: Alliance, OH
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Biotech
Posting dates for internal transfers: October 22, 2019 through October 27, 2019
- Performs duties, which assist with the performance of patient care.
- A ward secretary is a non licensed person who performs clerical, receptionist, and related duties on a nursing division/unit under the direction of a registered nurse.
- A monitor tech is; a ward secretary with training in Basic EKG Rhythm Interpretation with responsibilities to observe cardiac monitors and respond appropriately based on rhythm.
- Responsible for checking emails and online learning assignments (Relias) on a regular basis.
- Cross training between roles is expected.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate, or equivalent, with ability to read, write and comprehend medical terminology. Must be current STNA.
- Age 18 or older.
- BLS certification through American Heart Association required within the first 3 months.
- Successful completion of Ward Secretary orientation.
- Successful completion of Basic EKG Rhythm Interpretation Course for Monitor Technicians.
- Clinical Technician must be a State Tested Nursing Assistant.
- Must be computer literate to complete task(s) as required. Such as MediTech (Hospital Support Software), Halogen (performance appraisal system) Relias (education system), ability to retrieve e-mails, complete online enrollment for health insurance/benefits and any other programs as assigned
- CIDE (crisis intervention and de-escalation) training within 3 months.
Apply on company website