Avita Health System currently operates three major healthcare facilities and 31 clinic locations throughout North Central Ohio. Within the last three years, the system has tripled in size branching out into ten communities throughout the region. There are over 1,800 employees and 110 employed member multispecialty group of physicians and advanced practitioners that provide these communities with optimal, high-quality healthcare. In 2015, Avita has received a national award, placing them in the top 10 percent nationally in customer service.
Avita Health System continues to grow, and with our expansion we have various open positions in our Bucyrus, Galion and Ontario locations.
We are currently accepting resumes & applications for the following position, located at our Bucyrus, Ohio location:
Under the supervision of the Nutrition Services Manager, the Food Service Associate performs a variety of food service duties including portioning, assembling and serving food trays to patients, clean-up and stocking of food preparation areas, performing routine sanitation duties and follows cash handling procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Checks assigned station before starting for cleanliness; sees that thermostats are working and that holding temperatures are correct.
2. Selects the correct utensil or equipment for the job.
3. Prepares and set-up needed additional items before service starts; consistently checks for added items or short orders.
4. Checks equipment before starting tasks to ensure proper and safe functioning.
5. Stock and maintain hospital department kitchenettes par levels, document cooler temperatures, stock amounts, and clean coolers/cupboards/coffee machines
6. Operates POS system, follows proper cash handling, and completes credit card transactions.
7. Returns unused items to refrigerators, freezer, or storeroom properly wrapped, labeled, and put in the appropriate location.
8. Demonstrates working knowledge of and always observes food service sanitation procedures; techniques in handling, preparation, and service of food items to patients, employees and guests.
9. Cleans station thoroughly before leaving area for other assignment. Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
10. Delivers trays to patient rooms abiding by the red rule at specified times.
11. Starts dish machine, filling up all tanks; checks soap and rinsing solution to ensure proper operation.
12. Sets up racks and dishes so that similar items can be run through at the same time.
13. Consistently checks clean dishes to ensure all particles are removed; runs dirty dishes through machine again if necessary.
14. Thoroughly cleans all lowerators and returns them to their respective stations when finished.
15. Thoroughly cleans scrapping area, floor, all carts, and dirty food catches in the machine; sanitizes specified equipment.
16. Puts assigned portion of food deliveries away dating products and rotating stock using first-in, first-out method
17. Demonstrates good judgment in the ability to organize workflow. After each meal service empty and clean all meal carts and soiled tray hold areas
18. Demonstrates a cost-conscious attitude in the daily operation of food service; practice costs control measure by practicing portion control techniques, such as appropriate serving utensils, charges for meals, and adhering to par levels and proper date marking and completes all assigned duties
19. Demonstrates the ability to observe all safety precautions in performing regular duties; knows how to lift properly and how to avoid careless accidents.
20. Consults supervisor on matters of uncertainty (e.g. appropriate procedural steps of corrective actions.).
21. Demonstrates the ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives, and choose the appropriate course of action within the scope of the position.
22. Demonstrates competence in day-to-day scheduling of duties by completing tasks on time with little assistance required from others.
23. Demonstrates a pro-active attitude and seeks to remedy situations before an accident or mistake is made; reports malfunctioning equipment immediately.
24. Demonstrates the ability to observe all safety precautions in performing regular duties; knows how to lift properly and how to avoid careless accidents.
25. Demonstrates the ability to use all necessary food service equipment; knows operation of dish machine, cash register and other equipment assigned for use.
26. Demonstrates complete understanding of all policies and procedures concerning the position and related responsibilities, as outlined on Ellucid Policy Manager.
27. Responds to changes in the workload schedule as necessary, continually uses time in a productive manner – stocks shelves, cleans, organizes as well as assists fellow coworkers.
28. Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school graduate or equivalent (or currently enrolled as a student).
• Minimum of two years of experience in a customer service role.
Casual: Hours will Vary
Apply on company website