Avita Health System currently operates three hospitals and numerous clinic locations throughout Richland and Crawford counties. Over the last few years, the system has tripled in size serving multiple communities throughout the region. There are over 1,900 employees and over 160 employed physicians and advanced practitioners that provide high-quality healthcare to the surrounding communities.
As Avita Health System continues to grow, we have various open positions across North Central Ohio.
We are currently accepting resumes & applications for the following position, located at our Crestline, Ohio location:
Responsible for converting and auditing physician and APP documentation of diagnoses, procedures, and utilized supplies and devices into appropriate codes using ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS guidelines. Reviews physician and APP coding and billing processes for accuracy and to ensure optimal reimbursement. Acts as a coding resource for providers and clinic managers. Collaborates with the follow-up team to overturn denials and avoid future denials.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Coding certification: CPC, CCS, or CCS-P
- Fully knowledgeable of, and conducts all activities in accordance with regulatory compliance requirements, including but not limited to HIPAA rules and regulations, Medicare Secondary Payer Screening requirements, medical necessary screening and ABN rules, Red Flag Rules, and billing and coding compliance rules and regulations.
- Associate/Bachelor's Degree or actively pursuing advanced degree.
- Previous physician office and/or hospital coding experience and demonstrated knowledge of coding procedures and claim review and analysis strongly recommended.
Avita Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Monday through Friday.
Full-Time: 80 Hours Bi-Weekly
Apply on company website