Avita Health System currently operates three hospitals and numerous clinic locations throughout Richland and Crawford counties. Over the last few years, the system has tripled in size serving multiple communities throughout the region. There are over 1,900 employees and over 160 employed physicians and advanced practitioners that provide high-quality healthcare to the surrounding communities.
As Avita Health System continues to grow, we have various open positions across North Central Ohio.
We are currently accepting resumes & applications for the following position, located at our Ontario, Ohio location:
Cleans all areas of the organization (hospital, physician clinics, etc.) by performing the following duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Environmental Services Department.
- Performs routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, offices, and clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators and stairways in a clean, neat and sanitary manner.
- Must be able to clean areas that may be highly infectious and use all proper PPE and safety precautions.
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to dust, cleaning chemicals, and other conditions related to a medical environment.
- Ability to follow all infection control practices including handwashing techniques, standard precautions and isolation precautions.
- Ability to appropriately dispose of medical waste products such as syringes, hand gloves, face masks, etc
- Transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area.
- Ability to respond to emergencies in relations to a hospital environment.
- Understand proper cleaning techniques for blood or other bodily fluids and disinfect area of contact.
- Understands proper cleaning protocols of areas, rooms or offices exposed to bed bugs, fleas, or other insects.
- Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
- Uses and maintains equipment properly.
- Ability to arm and disarm clinic alarm systems.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Assists visitors with directions.
- Always introduces self to patients, families and visitors.
- Reports safety hazards as appropriate.
- Replenishes supplies.
- Completes work assignments in a timely manner.
- Maintains set quality standards when performing job duties.
- Works day, evening or night shift as assigned.
- Ability to do work on his/her own with little or no direct supervision.
- Observes safety precautions at all times.
- Assure that no small or sharp objects or tools that may injure patients or visitors will be left out.
- Cleaning carts must not be left unattended.
- Environmental Services closets must remain locked at all times.
- Maintain adequate lighting for good visibility.
- Keep hallways and pathways clear of debris, cleaning equipment and tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to successfully complete an Essential Function Test (EFT) prior to employment.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Avita Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3:00 PM to 11:30 PM. Days of the Week will Vary.
Full-Time: 80 Hours Bi-Weekly
Apply on company website