BAE Systems is seeking a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our Federal IT team in the Northern Virginia area. The selected candidate will provide innovative RFID solution development and infrastructure deployment support for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) initiatives. This position is responsible for the RFID design on the program, as well as operational performance of RFID systems. He/she will provide the advice, analysis, planning, direction, and coordination necessary to accomplish all RFID-related work requirements and task orders and coordinate with other contractor personnel, including subcontractors, to satisfy related contract requirements.
- Serve as the lead RFID engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of entry point RFID solutions.
- Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of RFID solutions for the modernization of existing applications.
- Provide strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge related to RFID, sensors, systems, and processes.
- Ability to present on RFID topics to senior leadership and customers.
- Advise on complex sensor integration and process flow for effective implementation.
- Assists in developing and maintaining documented IT RFID Policies, Processes, and Standards.
- Conduct trade studies and analysis for multiple RFID technologies and provide recommendations for selecting technology, along with developing and delivering technical documentation proving the outcome of the analysis.
Required Skills and Education
- 12+ years' experience engineering and architecting enterprise solutions, some of which are RFID enabled
- Demonstrated expertise in facial biometric, including requirements analysis, performance analysis, and system design
- Understanding of NIST SP800-98 Guidelines for Securing Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Systems
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- U.S. Citizenship required and ability to obtain a CBP Entry on Duty (EOD) based on a Full Background Investigation
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in electrical engineering, computer science, physics or related field
- Professional or Technical certification related to RFID system implementation
- Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations with emphasis on DHS capabilities
- Current CBP EOD preferred
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website