BAE Systems is seeking a Service Desk Support individual to work on our Defense customer contract in Korea. This Service Desk Support individual will augment the 8A G6 IT Service Desk by providing full service support to all 8A HQ personnel for all government-owned hardware and software. The Service Desk Support individual monitors and provides assistance via telephone, email, or local Trouble-Ticket Management System to report problems. This individual will also:
- Provide Level 1 and Level 2 service desk support; to include;
- Answer and record all incoming calls; Take ownership of problems until full resolution;
- Determine the functional area of the problem being reported, e.g. hardware, software, telecommunications;
- Provide solutions as practicable over the telephone;
- Provide follow-up to the user on the status of the problem until resolution;
- Verify problem resolution prior to closure;
- Provide detailed analysis of the problem;
- Determine if equipment is warranted and arrange appropriate resolution under warranty and; when special or unique situations warrant; contact the appropriate vendors as well as escalate the problem as required.
- Report Trouble Ticket Metrics in the WAR.
- Manage user accounts in the Active Directory for customers on NIPRNET, SIPRNET and CENTRIXS-K.
- Manage user electronic mailboxes in Microsoft Exchange for customers on CENTRIXS-K; to include creating, provisioning and deleting mailboxes.
- Provide end-user hardware support including touch-maintenance, configuration, troubleshooting, and security on hardware (i.e., desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, multi-functional devices, and phones).
- Provide end-user service support including installation, configuration, troubleshooting and security of services (email, file-shares, client software, data connections, and website access).
- Identify trends in reported problems to detect a broader outage or service degradation including misconfiguration of multiple systems or network issues affecting a designated area.
- Provide direct assistance to employees in an effort to enhance the productivity of the workforce.
- Assist 8A HQ Information Management Officers (IMOs) with resolving customer support requests including providing regular updates to trouble-tickets, sharing information regarding outages, and training to conduct IMO level troubleshooting.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Security Clearance Requirements: Must posses Secret clearance; must be able to obtain Top Secret clearance.
IT Certifications: Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 IAT Level II certification.
Education Requirements: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or closely related field. Bachelor Degree can be waived with four (4) continuous years performing Service Desk tasks.
Experience Requirements: Two (2) of the last four (4) years performing Service Desk tasks. General knowledge of Windows operating systems.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Korean Defense Language Institute Qualification levels of 1/1/1 (Comprehension, Reading, and Speaking), Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) level 2 or proof of basic native fluency is desirable but not mandatory.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website