BAE Systems Ship Repair is hiring an Area Manager/Craft Superintendent for our San Diego Location! Within this role, you will manage a designated portion of a Navy surface ship repair package including the installation, modification, and repair of complex equipment and systems in Engineering, Crew Berthing, Electronic/Combat System Suites, and Mission Critical spaces.
- Ensure assigned work is completed on time and within established budgets.
- Resolve all problems that cannot otherwise be resolved by assigned craft supervision, as well as working with the customer, subcontractors, and other departments to keep a minimum of interferences and distractions from impacting the progression of work.
- Conduct ship checks.
- Attend meetings Participate in and assist craft personnel in setting up production schedules and manpower projections by reading and interpreting detailed work items, drawings, and related budgeting and man-hour reports.
- Ensure craft supervision and subcontractors are aware of milestones, key events, and target dates for assigned work.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree from a maritime academy OR a bachelors in marine engineering or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in a shipyard environment and 2-years of leadership experience in a production environment.
- Ability to assess production progress and discuss production status with the Project Management Team.
- Interface with other shipyard departments including Estimating, Quality Assurance and Testing, Environmental, and Production Support
- Proficient with Microsoft Software Programs.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Experience working with U.S. Navy or commercial ship repair and modernization contract
Knowledge of shipboard work control procedures, tag out procedures, and Government Work Authorization Form (WAF) controls
Ability to develop, prepare, and recommend changes to the work flow process using the IDR (Inspection Discrepancy Report) process
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Apply on company website