BAE Systems Combat Vehicles in York, Pennsylvania is hiring to fill Assembler II openings. Positions are available on 2nd Shift (2:30 pm-11:00 PM) and 3rd shift (10:00PM - 6:30AM)
The Assembler II is responsible in the assembly and sub-assembly of various components in a fast-paced, low-volume, heavy manufacturing environment. The Assembler II installs a variety of hydraulic, mechanical and drive train components to track vehicles, cabs, turrets and perform necessary tests of these components parts.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
The qualified candidate will be able to:
- Perform repairs and/or adjustments as needed;
- Safely use assembly fixtures and production shop aids;
- Operate and use hand tools and test equipment such as digital meters, torque wrenches, portable platforms, material handling equipment, etc;
- Perform basic computer functions to input necessary and required information;
- Receive and follow directions from the lead, supervisor, manager;
- Read drawings and work instructions;
- Work on either the 2nd or 3rd Shift;
- Establish US Personship.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Working knowledge with assemblies and sub-assemblies a plus!
- Experience with electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems a plus!
- Ability to drive and operate vehicles and test equipment a plus!
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website