***** This position is located in San Diego. ***** Provide direct Fleet Support for NUWC Division Keyport-supported IWS equipment and installations, such as CV-TSC and USW-DSS, installed on operating ships and at associated training commands. At times, emergent requirements outside of normal working hours may be required. The FSR shall perform the following functions:
a) Provide the following technical support regarding NUWC Division Keyport-supported equipment:
(1) Assess the system's status and advise NUWC Division Keyport on technical issues and possible solutions related to system operations, installation and training.
(2) Meet with ship's force (and comparable technicians at training commands) to discuss, evaluate and investigate any technical or maintenance issues on assigned systems and provide feedback to NUWC Division Keyport.
(3) Assist in the installation of NUWC Division Keyport-supported equipment upgrades as a member of the Alteration Installation Teams (AIT) provided by NUWC Division Keyport.
(4) Provide system technical support during Fleet material or operational readiness events such as Board of Inspection and Survey (INSURV) trials; Deploying Group Systems Interoperability Tests (DGSITs); Combat Systems, Command, Control, Communications, and Computer Readiness Assessments (C5RAs); and Consolidated Software Deliveries (CSDs) when requested by NUWC Division Keyport. Assume five one-week events per year, two of which are conducted underway.
(5) Serve as a liaison between NUWC Division Keyport ships, shipyard activities, and applicable training commands for issues specific to NUWC Division Keyport-supported systems. Provide feedback to NUWC Division Keyport on issues requiring technical resolution and facilitate communication between the requesting activity and Government engineers.
(6) Support the AIT closure processes and coordinate logistic product deliveries, Regional Maintenance Center (RMC) / Configuration Data Manager (CDM) deliveries, and Regional Maintenance and Modernization Coordination Office (RMMCO) checkout as requested by NUWC Division Keyport.
b) Provide the following training support regarding NUWC Division Keyport-supported equipment:
(1) Assist in the training conducted by NUWC Division Keyport or the Ashore Mobile Training Team of ship's force (and comparable technicians/operators at training commands) when requested by NUWC Division Keyport.
(2) Following installation, provide informal hands-on or group training to ship's force (and comparable technicians/operators at training commands) on an on-going basis when requested by NUWC Division Keyport to support upgrades or resolve specific identified training deficiencies.
c) Attend and participate in project meetings (assume one one-hour meeting per week normally and two per day during installation periods).
d) Conduct ILS verification/validation on system technical manuals and preventive maintenance documentation upon installation or upgrade, or as requested by NUWC Division Keyport.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Navy surface experience.
Prefer either CV or DDG experience
AIT book experience.
Developing schedules and tracking to that schedule.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website