Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics –from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
C4ISR:In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
Our Operations employees turn innovative engineering designs into real solutions to meet our customers' needs. From Supply Chain, to manufacturing and test, Electronic Systems offers opportunities to work with technology rarely accessible in other manufacturing firms. Our training and development programs provide employees with career advancement in a diverse work environment.
Performs complex visual/dimensional inspections on company manufactured or vendor supplied parts, subassemblies and assemblies to ensure compliance to applicable quality specifications.
- Works from blueprints, drawings, process sheets, engineering change orders, and written and verbal instruction to inspect mechanically complex parts, subassemblies and assemblies against required quality standards.
- Identifies defects and documents IAW AS9100/ISO9001/AS6500 standards and company procedures.
- Inspects parts, subassemblies and assemblies after rework, modifications or repairs to verify defects have been corrected and ensure continuity to drawings, prints, etc.
- Interfaces with engineering regarding technical issues and problem resolution.
- May conduct quality audits to confirm processes are being accurately completed.
- Assists in the training of lower level inspectors.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a High School Diploma and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Requires a High School or equivalent education and a minimum of eight (8) years electro-mechanical inspection experience. Must demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communications skills and proficiency with various computer programs.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website