BAE Systems Electronic Systems employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today.
Join our high performing Human Resources team and make a difference. We seek a dynamic HR professional to complement our East Coast, Site HR Team. This position will be located at our Wayne/Totowa site supporting the NJ region. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years experience with eight years of progressive HR Generalist experience including five years of Employee Relations with a Compliance focus. We seek a professional, creative and resourceful HR practitioner who is ready to roll up their sleeves and manage the New Jersey Human Resources site operations.
Within a matrix organization and well established Human Resources Shared Services environment, responsibilities include:
- Active site leadership for needs associated with talent, development, organizational effectiveness and local community outreach.
- Stewardship of engagement strategies, employee morale, and site activities while advancing diversity & inclusion, wellness, security, and safety.
- Lead employee relations investigations to ensure policy and local, state and federal employment law compliance.
- Partner with Shared Services to ensure site EEO compliance including OFCCP audits and Affirmative Action Plans.
- Provide managers, employee guidance and counsel on performance management, leaves of absence, ADA accommodations, and Worker's Compensation.
- Drive and develop positive and proactive employee relations.
- Advise and support management in the implementation and delivery of HR programs.
- Manage and develop HR staff member.
- Other projects as assigned.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Minimum 10 years experience. 8 years as a Human Resources Generalist including 5 years of proven Employee Relations experience partnering with stakeholders and leading employee investigations up to and including disciplinary recommendations/actions.
- Experience leading a project and team.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Proven decision-making skills using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including strong teamwork, partnership, collaboration, conflict resolution and positive relationship building.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience working within shared services HR delivery model.
- Experience in a matrix environment.
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration and HR certification.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website