BAE Systems Platforms and Services has an opening for a Human Resources Business Partner to support the Combat Vehicles Business Unit site in Anniston, AL.
The successful candidate will implement Human Resources policies as a generalist, collaborating with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives, and resolve HR issues. Responsible for and/or serves as a HR liaison for most of the following areas: succession planning, talent management, labor relations, employment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, EEO, and/or training and development.
-2-3 years experience with labor relations, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
-Provide proactive & reactive employee relations, manager coaching, and partner with assigned managers to create a culture that supports business growth or business rightsizing.
- Collaborate with the Centers of Expertise (COEs) and all elements of the HR delivery model to ensure the delivery of world class HR services and programs to address critical business needs and employ effective measures of success.
- Partner with assigned managers to identify top talent and succession candidates and provide support to the Management Readiness Review planning process at the business unit level.
- Support business activities that support a culture that is diverse and inclusive.
- Work with management to develop an effective workforce plan/strategy and collaborate with talent acquisition to translate the requirements into an executable plan.
- Act as a change agent for key HR and business changes and provide project management for assigned key HR projects.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors degree or 3-5 years' human resources experience
- Strong labor relations background including experience resolving federal and state employment issues including EEO/AAP
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and Schedule
Preferred Skills and Education
- MA Degree in Human Resources
- SPHR/SHRM-SCP Certified
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills
- Experience working within shared services HR delivery model; project management capability; proficiency with PeopleSoft
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website