BAE Systems is hiring an Industrial Maintenance Reliability Engineer at our Anniston, AL location. Within this role, you will develop and conduct technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs and recommend design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability.
An ideal candidate will have experience with maintenance planning, total predictive maintenance, vibration analysis, and sustainability and maintainability of manufacturing machinery, including effectively working with equipment operators.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Use knowledge to understand requirements breakdown and effect on allocation development and learns various methods to perform allocations
- Develop predictive and preventive maintenance strategies to drive reliability improvements
- Execute root cause analysis
- Develop equipment reliability KPI's
- Conduct PM optimizations for maintenance department efficiency
- Conduct design for reliability initiatives on new equipment
- Track mitigation or elimination of failures modes to assess improvements
- Complete risk analysis studies of new design and processes
- Compile and analyze performance reports and process control statistics, investigates and analyzes relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes
- Develop and maintain reliability critical items list to at least the subsystem level and uses it to assist design influence and track modifications to assist in assessing program success
- Understand impact of software in relation to reliability and address software reliability from a design influence perspective to at least the subsystem level
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in a relevant technical discipline; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience plus 4 years relevant experience.
- Experience in predictive maintenance technologies on rotating equipment.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Preferred 3 years of experience with CNC machines preferably utilizing FANUC and Mazatrol controllers.
- Machine Shop troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient in blueprint reading and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in Vibration Analysis and Oil Analysis a plus.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website