The BAE Systems site in York, Pennsylvania supporting Combat Mission Systems is seeking a NDT Technical Inspector Level II (PT/MT/RT).
Position duties include:
- Receives instructions and work orders from Process Supervisor, Assistant Process Supervisor, Lead Person or Self-Directed Work Team.
- Refers to drawings, sketches, quality assurance inspection procedures, military and commercial specifications, purchase orders, technical handbooks and radiographic position charts, technique sheets, supplemental quality assurance requirements (i.e. SQAP's, QAP's, QAR's) for required inspection criterion.
- Performs radiography, determining factors to produce radiographs in accordance with applicable specifications. Processes X-ray film, interprets and evaluates radiographs in accordance with applicable criterion.
- Performs ultrasonic testing as required. Evaluates visual inspection on welds and castings to appropriate requirements.
- Records and files documents/data and test results for future reference.
- Photographs vehicles, fixtures, various production operations and damaged parts, processes negatives, makes prints and enlargements, identifies records and files negatives and prints for reference of reproduction as assigned.
- Records radiation exposure as required.
- Performs analytical tests of metal preparation solutions in plant processing tanks, test panels of phosphate coating operations, oil and grease samples, preservatives, salt spray test samples, etc. to determine conformance to coating operations and materials to contract specifications as assigned.
- Assure continuity of production by performing quality inspection, random sampling, and other tasks as required by instruction or specification.
- Designate inspection status of items utilizing documentation methods such as stamps, forms, rags, controlled database entries, etc.
- Keeps assigned work area clean and safe.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- High school or the overall equivalent;
- NDT certifications in Level II PT, Level II MT, Level II RT;
- Basic computer skills;
- Ability to support 2nd Shift.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred but not required:
- Technical Degree with experience;
- Journeyman's certification;
- DoD experience.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website