BAE Systems is seeking a Network Security Engineer for planning, configuring, and documenting secure network and information technology systems for the Department of Defense (DoD). The ideal candidate will have a strong hands-on network engineering background, with a thorough understanding of networking.
The selected applicant will work with the government customer to develop requirements, conduct site surveys, design solutions, mock-up, install, configure, document, and test the solution prior to delivery. The secure solutions will be hardened per DISA STIG requirements.
Major duties of the position include:
· Lead small and medium size project initiatives and provide technical expertise to network and systems administrators. Develop architectural diagrams of systems using standard templates to illustrate solutions to customers and technical staff.
· Identify customer requirements and design enterprise systems.
· Design and configure systems to DoD security standards and communicate technical controls to customers and management.
· Interact with the government leads to ensure that all system and interface requirements are consistent and valid across the Enterprise.
· Develop, document, execute, and integrate systems engineering processes as required to enable effective systems engineering and integration efforts.
· Integrate activities over the life cycle of systems within the Enterprise including prototyping and production, as well as operations and sustainment.
· Develop feasibility studies, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of decision making.
· Collaborate with support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. military.
This position is located in Chesapeake, VA. There is no relocation assistance available for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to Chesapeake, VA or surrounding areas.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
High school diploma and 14 years of related experience OR Associate degree and 10 years of related experience OR Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related experience
Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
Experience installing, configuring, and deploying network systems
Thorough understanding of encryption standards and protocols, PKI, SSL/TLS, and VPN technologies.
Strong systems engineering, organizational, and customer facing skills
Experience with IT installations in classified environments
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to travel (CONUS and OCONUS) up to 25%
Working knowledge of DoD Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG)
Proficiency in at least four of the following:
· Cisco Switches/Routers
· Firewalls and IPS hands
· Juniper Switches and Routers
· Host Based Security System (HBSS)
· Aruba or Cisco wireless networks
· VPN configuration
· Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
· VMWare Vsphere and ESXi
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical field
Active security clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website