-- This position can be located in either York, PA or San Jose, CA.
This individual applies Project Management (PM) principles and techniques in a disciplined, professional manner in support of the Combat Vehicles Project Management Office (PMO) objectives. Manages regular reporting and operations relative to assigned areas including tracking metrics, elevating areas of concern, and serving as the point of contact for the PM community and others. Identifies and executes process improvement efforts relative to assigned scope.
Supports the CV PMO Team and the CV Project Management Authority (PMA) in implementing Lifecycle Management (LCM) in a compliant, value-added manner. LCM is a core business process providing an essential risk-based governance framework for the oversight and successful delivery of our projects and products from Opportunity Development to Closure. LCM provides an integrated perspective across three types of reviews and multiple phases, enabling and optimizing decision-making by project teams and leadership. LCM principles can be tailored to ensure its application on projects adds value.
CV PMO and PMA LCM support includes the following:
- Life Cycle Management System (LCMS) Administration
- LCMS & LCM Data Syncing
- LCMS Data Error Checking
- LCM Reporting
Tracks LCM projects, LCM point of contact rosters, solicits inputs, tracks actions and deadlines, identifies and follows up on corrective actions. Applies LCM policies and procedures to support Business Unit reporting and tracking. Manages configuration of project files and organizes project file repositories. Asks questions and seeks guidance as needed.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, especially MS Excel
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse work teams
- Effective organization and communication skills
- Coachable with a desire to learn
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Strong attention to detail
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or similar along with 1-2 years of general business work experience
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to assemble and present data and multi-faceted matters in a meaningful way to stakeholders at varying levels
- Leadership experience and/or potential
- Proven ability to adapt to different tasks and environments
- Familiarity with Lifecycle Management
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website