The Procurement Compliance Analyst must quickly develop a strong understanding of all procurement methods, procedures and activities, compliance standards and criteria and must be able to use the available procurement data tools to carry out the compliance reviews.
BAE Systems, Inc. is hiring for an experienced Procurement Compliance Analyst at our Ship Repair site in San Diego, CA/Norfolk, VA. In this role, you will work closely with the procurement staff and management to ensure departmental compliance to Federal Acquisition Regulation and BAE Systems Policies and Procedures by:
Reviewing Purchase Order and Subcontract file documentation as well as ERP system order accuracy.
Reviewing purchasing card utilization and monitoring compliance.
Maintaining metrics of reviews and providing regular reporting to management.
Providing recommendations to staff on procurement documentation adequacy.
Providing recommendations for improvements in documentation, training, and approval authorities.
Assisting the Government Compliance function by supporting various internal, external and sector audits.
Maintaining accurate records of audit requests and responses, file logistics, and staff compliance statistics.
Supporting other functional audits as it relates to procurement procedures, data, and practices.
Supporting DCMA and DCAA audits by providing prompt records access, representing procurement in entrance/exit conferences, process walkthroughs, and meetings.
Assisting with supplier audits.
Working closely with procurement teams in support of compliance audit activities.
Reviewing proposal and contract terms and conditions including applicable FAR/DFAR flow downs and making recommendations for inclusion in purchase orders.
Assisting with maintaining and revising policies and procedures in support of Supply Chain Management (SCM) processes.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Completion of a four-year Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; and 2 years experience or 4-6 years of experience performing federal contract procurement, contract, compliance, or quality assurance activities can substitute for the degree up to four years.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically with Excel.
- Developed organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of federal prime contract procurement practices and processes.
- Proven Critical/Analytical thinking.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience within a compliance/audit or quality assurance program.
- Demonstrated skills using Costpoint, SREP, HICX, or other enterprise procurement systems.
- Knowledge of FAR/DFAR, contracts , compliance or procurement.
- Supporting DCMA and DCAA audits
- Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations, including DoD FAR Supplement.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website