BAE Systems is seeking a strong, experienced Senior Program Manager for the growing Secure Enterprise Communications program area within the Space Systems product line. The ideal candidate will have experience in all lifecycles of a space payload product from design development into flight qualification and production. The successful PM candidate will join an established and growing team of seasoned PMs managing a number of existing and proposed programs and will lead one of our existing or proposed programs and/or capture efforts based on their experience and interest.
The PM will provide leadership and programmatic management oversight of a project team assuring the project meets financials, schedule and technical objectives, and achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Essential functions of the job include:
- Accountable for all aspects of assigned programs execution (cost, schedule, technical performance, quality, inventory management, and customer engagement) and ensuring program commitments are met, having the authority to make cogent and timely decisions related to the project.
- Acts as primary point of contact between BAE Systems and the customer program office, suppliers, and key customer stakeholders.
- Responsible and accountable to the Product Line Management for program execution, profitability, timeliness, and overall success. Makes decisions that are cost effective to the company and ensures assigned projects meet financial commitments for orders, sales, profit and cash flow.
- Participates in the creation of new business strategies and in the development of strategic and financial plans.
- Partners with the Project Technical Lead ensuring the technical and cost baselines are consistent and executable. Provides forward thinking to focus risk mitigation that enable successful path to flight hardware.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Minimum 12 years of demonstrated experience leading and inspiring diverse teams in a high tempo environment
- Successful, proven record of leading and managing multi-discipline project teams
- Top level technical understanding of and experience in development, qualification and production of high reliability space hardware
- Strong customer focus and experience with relationship building, including ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) at all levels within the customer community
- Ability to communicate with all levels of BAE Systems senior management regarding program performance status (cost / schedule / resources / risk) as well as performance to annual financial objectives.
- Proficient with developing program/project plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources
- Proficient with program scope management and cost estimating, including estimate to complete/estimate at completion (ETC/EAC) processes.
- Proficient in the application of Earned Value Management System, Master Planning Techniques (IMP/IMS) and Subcontract Management.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop opportunities to increase the value of the project(s) under his/her purview, and to capture new projects; lead the development of capture plans/ and direct the development of preparation of proposals in response to various customer requests.
- Demonstrated excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, motivate and lead teams, especially with members from multiple BAE Systems sites and/or cultures, including industry partners and suppliers.
- Experience in new business capture to include proposal and ECP development
- Secret Clearance, Top Secret eligible
Preferred Skills and Education
- Prior experience managing space payload development, qualification and/or production programs
- Top Secret or TS/SCI clearance
- Program Management Institute (PMI) and/or Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Master's Degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration
- Experience in business case development, analysis, and presentation
- Detailed knowledge of the defense aerospace market
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website