BAE's Planning organization is a trusted business partner delivering information and innovative solutions for decision-making in order to deliver quality products and capabilities to our customers and, ultimately, the warfighter. We are committed to employee growth and development allowing employees to build a long-term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day-to-day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. BAE Systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
As a Senior Program Planner at BAE Systems, you will facilitate the development of Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) that will guide program execution and serve as the basis for Earned Value performance. You will also work closely with Program Managers and Control Account Managers, and Program Finance analysts to communicate Schedule status, monitor program schedule performance through critical/driving path analyses.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead/facilitate the planning, establishment and maintenance of the Performance Measurement Baseline.
- Communicates schedule guidelines/techniques to program team for IMP/IMS development
- Ensure that all schedules are fully compliant with internal policies, customer, and industry requirements (DID 81861 IPMR).
- Monitor program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) performance and activities.
- Develop and conduct critical and driving path analyses on the baseline schedule in compliance with, internal, customer, and industry requirements (DID 81861 IPMR).
- Identify trends using common schedule Metrics (DCMA 14pt, BEI, EVAS data driven metrics, etc.), suggests corrective actions in a timely manner and supports implementation.
- Resource load budgets into schedules to support EVMS measurement and reporting.
- Perform Schedule Assessments and Analyses on the baseline IMS to identify schedule risks and opportunities.
- Review, recommend and implement, as appropriate, schedule work-around or recovery plans in a proactive manner.
- Routinely assist program management by monitoring SPI/CPI and BEI performance and preparing schedule status reports for customer and/or business management reviews
- Perform and analyze schedule risk assessments (SRA) as required
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar; or equivalent experience, and at least four (4) years of planning/scheduling experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence diverse work teams
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage a multi-tasked workload in a fast paced environment
- Ability to make decisions with sound judgment while complying with policies and procedures
- Proficient in MS Project or other Planning SW, MS Excel, and MS Office applications
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with Cobra, and Schedule Risk SW.
- Experience with project forecasting and analysis, particularly in a US Defense environment
- Understanding and knowledge with regards to industry Planning and Scheduling Excellence Guide (PASEG)
- General understanding of US DoD schedule policies and Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) requirements.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website