Join the BAE Systems Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) Team!
As the world leader in airborne EW systems and technology, BAE Systems Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) has challenging and rewarding project technical leadership opportunities that are right for you! Engineers in ECS work on the world's most advanced electronics – including life-saving systems that protect the premier platforms of the US Air Force. In ECS, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate for Those Who Move the WorldTM. Come build your career with BAE Systems' Electronic Combat Solutions.
We are seeking a Project Engineering Manager (PEM) for capability development in airborne RF situation awareness and self-protection jamming systems. These projects cover the entire life cycle including, bid and proposal, advanced development and demonstration, system design and development, product fielding, transition to manufacturing, and sustainment. You will lead a multi-disciplinary engineering team and will have full responsibility and authority to plan and execute projects within the programmatic guidelines set by the program manager and customer.
Key Roles, Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Engineering focal point for all activity within the projects including strategic planning, bid and proposal support for engineering content, engineering strategy and integrated plans on programs, engineering staffing, issue reporting, and risk and opportunity management.
- Provide overall project technical leadership; plan, execute, and manage all engineering efforts within the project.
- Partner and collaborate with program managers, functional engineering managers, and factories to ensure program goals, requirements, and needs are understood and achieved.
- Monitor project plans and execution to ensure technical and work scope requirements, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
- Ensure engineering efforts are planned and executed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices. Provide the coordination between the engineering team, functional managers, and Product Line Engineering Directors, to ensure all necessary reviews are conducted and approvals are received.
- Ensure project and product safety are managed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Eligible for Secret Security clearance
- At least ten years experience in engineering development of complex electronic systems and the transition to manufacturing
- Project engineering management including organizational design, planning, estimating, design management, and product verification
- Strong team building skills that enable collaboration and coordination within and across teams and functions
- Experience leading diverse multi-disciplinary teams in the solution of complex technical problems
- Experience leading agile product development
- Experience introducing automation into development and test to increase quality and lower costs
- Experience leading DEVOPS projects with continuous development and continuous delivery processes
- Experience introducing new processes including model based engineering to address project complexity
- Experience using Design to Cost (DTC) methods; leading to technical solutions that meet affordability and producibility requirements
Preferred Skills and Education
- Active Secret Security clearance
- Eligible for Top Secret Security clearance
- Earned Value Management System and Control Account Management
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Experience with AS9145 and the requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP)
- Masters degree in engineering or science (MS)
- Masters degree in business (MBA)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website