See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics –from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless. We have multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, Merrimack and Manchester.
We are looking for talented Senior Principal Level Software Test Leads to help us create the world's most advanced solutions in the area such as Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Aircraft Protection, Radar Warning and Electronic Attack for our defense related customers. Our products provide critical mission capabilities to address the ever-evolving challenges and threats to our nation's security and the war fighter.
The selected candidate will provide technical leadership to an independent software test team as well as guidance for the software engineering process activities. The candidate may also participate in the testing process. This position is customer facing and will provide Software Project Management reporting, documentation, and updates to both Program Management and the Software Discipline.
We will provide you opportunities to learn, leverage our current technologies, incorporate new technologies, and be a leader in our engineering organization.
We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.”
- Leads the software independent test team for the deliverable software work products
- Responsible for verification of software requirements across all deliverable software products
- Defines software test & verification & regression testing strategy
- Develops software test plans, procedures, scripts, drivers and data tests as required to verify software requirements
- Manages traceability of software requirements to verification work products
- Leads a team of 2-5 software test engineers
- Establishes communication to keep management informed of the function's progress and results.
- Uses existing processes and evolve processes to utilize the most effective new techniques as they become available, assuring the use of methodologies which minimize both design cost and product cost.
- Provide, directly or indirectly, top level technical leadership for the assigned design discipline(s) including selection and exploitation of promising new technologies, long-term goals, etc.
- Ensure effective communication between assigned engineers and all other participants in the design process.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Active Secret Clearance
- Full Life-Cycle Software development experience (design, code, unit test, software I&T)
- Background in embedded and/or application software development in one or more: C++, Python, Java
- Experience writing software verification plans, procedures and reports
- Experience performing software testing, validation, and verification activities
- Foundation in Object-Oriented design and implementation principles
- Experience with software and systems engineering processes, methodologies, and tools
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead, and motivate small technical teams
Preferred Skills and Education
- Understanding of RF signals and generation of RF test data
- Software Requirements Analysis
- Use of DOORS
- Ruby scripting
- Set-up and use of automated test environment
- Software automated test development and execution
- Previous experience in technical/project team leadership
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Active Top Secret Clearance or higher
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website