Candidate will provide Process and Producibility Engineering support for the Advanced Composite Manufacturing (ACM) facility, which produces complex antenna assemblies and radomes for the aerospace industry. This position will be a key contributor in the evolution of the ACM facility, and will support multiple antenna product lines. Candidate will lead efforts to improve cost, reduce cycle time, and reduce manufacturing defects within a wide variety of manufacturing processes
The candidate shall have demonstrated experience supporting complex manufacturing processes in both a development and production environment, executing affordability and process improvement projects, and developing and deploying new technology in support of increasing production rates on several antenna programs.
1. Experience in advanced composite materials and related processing techniques, including vacuum bagging, autoclave cure, prepreg lay-ups, syntactic foam, film adhesives, and a variety of bonding techniques.
2. Recommends and implements new process technologies, lean manufacturing techniques and process flows and facility planning to execute both production and development programs within the Operations organization.
2. Prepares and/or participates in pFMEA activities; experience with DMAIC, Value Stream Mapping, and SPC tools.
3. Provides technical leadership within the ACM factory, including technical assessments, support to Affordability initiatives, defect analysis, root cause / corrective action implementation, and support to the manufacturing floor for Zero Defect and Affordability efforts.
4. Provides technical support for risk identification and mitigation.
5. May coordinate capital equipment planning and implementation (facilitization) process including cost justification (ROI), equipment usage analysis, options/alternatives analysis, capability and contingency planning and physical layouts planning.
6. Reviews, analyzes and implements corrective action on complex customer problems.
7. Works with customers to ensure requirements are mutually understood and any deliverables meet cost and schedule requirements.
8. Provides guidance and leadership to other engineers, technicians and support personnel.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related Materials Science discipline.
- 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Experience in advanced composite materials and related processing techniques, including vacuum bagging, autoclave cure, prepreg lay-ups, syntactic foam, film adhesives, and a variety of bonding techniques.
Preferred Skills and Education
1. Basic project management skills including using Microsoft Project to establish project plans and tracking progress.
2. Knowledge of SharePoint site development or other programming / coding skills.
3. Experience with electro mechanical assemblies including basic soldering techniques.
4. Knowledge of IPC-620 standard.
5. Experience working in an AS9100 environment.
6. Knowledge of AS9145, APQP processes.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Solutions, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Electronic Solutions also includes the group's Technology Solutions unit, which joins the business with government research organizations and industry to develop and demonstrate innovative system concepts in such areas as situational awareness, communications and networking, and precision targeting. People are the greatest asset in any Company ... BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Apply on company website