Connect the people who matter to the information they need the most. At BAE Systems, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in SIGINT (Signal Intelligence) receivers and hardware suites to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place.
We are creating world class Eclipse SIGINT™ receivers and hardware suites at our design and manufacturing site in Dallas, TX. The Eclipse SIGINT™ team designs for high dynamic range, or low power, RF and IF receivers, complex digital embedded control processors and FPGA designs, as well as DSP hardware and software demodulator designs.
We're ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about!
BAE Systems is seeking a well-rounded Chief Engineer to lead our Eclipse SIGINT™ design and development group. In this role you will be responsible for the development of Eclipse SIGINT™ receiver and hardware suites in the HF to SHF frequency range. In this role you will work with both internal and external customers to understand mission needs, identify possible transition platforms and partners, evaluate alternative architectures, and support the integration and demonstration of new receivers and hardware suites.
Job functions include:
- Provide technical leadership to a world class SIGINT receiver/hardware suite team for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
- Lead teams to solve complex engineering problems. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- Guide engineering personnel in formulating plans, designs, novel algorithm development and specifications for receivers, hardware suites and ancillary equipment (timing, recording).
- Must be a strong technical contributor to the design of the aforementioned receiver, hardware suite products and ancillary equipment. Investigate and promote the use of new technologies.
- Responsible for the development and review of white papers, test plans, acceptance test procedures (ATPs), and first article test procedures (FATPs).
- Responsible for review of test software and software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Interface with customers on requirements development, preliminary requirements reviews (PRR), preliminary design reviews (PDR), and critical design reviews (CDR).
- Provide technical marketing support.
- Support bid and proposal, technical volume generation.
- Insure coordination between all Engineering design groups.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar) and 12+ years' experience in design of SIGINT Products
- Must be eligible to obtain a Top Secret clearance with SCI
- 12+ years' experience with system engineering design of Signal Intelligence systems (SIGINT, ELINT, COMINT) that utilize receivers.
- 12+ years digital signal processing associated with design of receivers to include Fast Fourier Transfrom (FFT), Digital Down Converters (DDCs) and demodulations.
- 12+ years of RF test equipment and digital measurement techniques
- Strong analytic and organizational skills, and outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with standards: VITA, MORA, RTCA, test, environmental
- Demonstrated knowledge of CAE tools such as Genesys, Pspice, Momentum, Matlab or equivalent.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on company website