BAE Systems' F-35 Lightning II program has an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified software systems engineer to deliver the functionality to process, manage, and visualize prognostics health management (PHM) data. Our work is critical to the continued success of the F-35 program and is highly visible to our Lockheed Martin partners and military operators.
The Fleet Management Analysis Tool (FMAT) development team is comprised of software and systems engineers directly interfacing with our Lockheed Martin customer. The successful candidate will take ownership of a set of F-35 subsystems for the team and ensure that the related functionality we provide meets customer expectations through leveraging appropriate systems engineering approach and standards. A collaborative, flexible, and critical mind, along with exceptional communication skills are essential elements for this role.
Typical Daily Work:
- Develop a deep understanding of F-35 subsystems, their relevance to the F-35 program, and their associated usage model
- Collaborate with the Lockheed Martin integrity team to understand engineering priorities and capture stakeholder requirements
- Interface with the software development team to translate requirements into discrete and testable actions
- Implement usage models within BAE developed tools for integration with underlying analysis engines and user-facing web application
- Drive automation in systems testing and manually test implementations against requirements definitions as necessary
- Represent BAE Systems alongside the team to demonstrate existing and prototyped capability to engineering and business stakeholders
- Help design beautiful and intuitive user interfaces with actionable data visualizations.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- User-centric requirements capture and design
- Automated software systems testing and documentation
- Exceptional data analysis skills (Especially with MS Excel and Matlab)
- Strong programming skills
- Exposure to big data technologies
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent
- Configuration management
- Web Application user interface design
- Experience with military aircraft
- Experience with an Agile development methodology
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website