BAE Systems is Hiring a Sr. Plant Electrical Maintenance Tech at our VUOC Plant located in Anniston, AL. Within this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the machinery used at our plant that will require you to have experience reading and understanding all electrical and mechanical diagrams and schematics for various types of manufacturing equipment and machinery.
- Will use and make repairs on all building electrical wiring and electrical equipment.
- Assist with engineering in design and redesign on electrical systems.
- Assist in maintaining electrical supplies and requisitions material.
- Assist in scheduling downtime maintenance and preventive maintenance.
- Perform other plant duties as assigned.
- Make circuit design changes on the job without assistance.
Required Skills and Education
- Work requires high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Completion of 2 years Trade School in related field, or 5 years equivalent training and experience.
- Requires electrical/electronic and mechanical knowledge required to trouble shoot, diagnose, balance, install, repair and rework the most complex equipment acquired within a minimum of three years' experience.
- Must have understanding of hydraulics, plumbing and mechanically operated equipment.
- Must be capable of passing welding certification with training on arc and wire welding, and show proficiency with cutting torch.
- Ability to fabricate and read schematics and blueprints.
- Must have the ability to pass a hand's on Electrical test, demonstrating the ability to perform as an Electrician meeting current NEC and NFPA 70 Codes. In addition, understand electrical diagrams, schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to make repairs on equipment and understand the basics of hydraulics, plumbing and mechanical equipment.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website