Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full- time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
Performs routine operational tests on moderately complex electronic production Assemblies and sub-assemblies. Troubleshot Subassemblies to component level. Assists engineering and other test technicians in the performance of more complex tests. Reviews and works with engineering to develop and implement best practices to maintain safe and efficient product flow. Also responsible for monitoring the safety of the work environment at the hands on level.
Shift is second shift with frequent overtime support needs, both after shift and weekends). Shift is 9/80. Must be able to follow all safety requirements.
1. Follows simple test specifications, test procedures and verbal instructions in order to perform a variety of routine standard tests which required reading, interpreting and verifying specifications using simple test stand setups.
2. Operates a limited variety of standard test equipment such as voltmeters, etc. usually working with one piece of equipment at a time as specified.
3. Determines quality of equipment being tested by checking rest results against specific test procedures and data sheets.
4. Performs troubleshooting activities, sub-assemblies to component level, diagnoses minor deficiencies in equipment and recommends rework where necessary.
5. Affixes acceptance stamp to equipment indicating that tested components, subassemblies and systems conform to predetermined standards and specifications.
6. Records test data and prepares test failure/acceptance reports and other paperwork as required.
7. Assists higher classified technicians in performance of more complex tests involving the simultaneous use of a wide variety of standard test equipment.
8. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Requires a High School or Trade School diploma or its equivalent and a basic knowledge of electronic technology acquired through advanced study of up to (but not limited to) two (2) years.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Experience Performing ICT or Flying Probe testing
Preferred 2yr AAS degree in Engineering sciences or related field.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website