As a Customer Service provider at many airports across the United States we are seeking energetic and outgoing candidates to join our customer service team. With a proven level of exceptional customer service around the country, we are seeking professional, qualified candidates that are customer service oriented along with strong oral and are able to meet the physical demands to provide the Greatest Customer Service Ever!
Baggage Airline Guest Services is looking for a Baggage Service Office Representative in the Charlotte Douglas International Airport. The Baggage Service Office provides immediate assistance to customers whose baggage is mishandled by tracing and reuniting customers with their belongings.
The BSO Representative will work in the BSO office at the airport to ensure the team is effectively working with customers to assist them with their delayed, damaged or pilfered. The BSO Representative must be empathetic and helpful to customers who have been separated from their belongings and must be resourceful when searching for valuable items or assisting a customer replace his/her damaged items. Bags Inc. is the Baggage Service Office provider for a major airline carrier at the Charlotte Douglas International Airport. This commercial airline provides passenger and cargo transportation throughout North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia and Australia.
The Baggage Service Office Representative will interact with airline passengers in a courteous, efficient, friendly and professional manner:
• Process delayed, damaged and pilfered baggage claims in a timely manner and pursuant to company policy at Baggage Service Offices
• Ensure all baggage file information is complete and accurate in the computerized baggage tracking system, updating the file when applicable
• Amend existing files with baggage status in a timely manner and pursuant to company policy
• Close baggage claim files that have been resolved in a timely manner and pursuant to company policy
• Process all baggage tasks in the Task Manager Workflow
• Forward on-hand bags, including processing unclaimed bags and forwarding to Central Baggage Resolution Office in accordance with prescribed timelines
• Arrange baggage delivery with baggage service delivery providers
• Assist customers with damaged and pilfered bags, lost and found and loss and/or delay of assistive devices
• Process baggage refunds and interim expenses
• Understand and manage work based on DOT guidelines, limits to liability, Contract of Carriage and company policy
• Implement policies and procedures for Priority Parcel Service packages • Log and manage Lost & Found/Left on Board items
• Additional related duties as deemed operationally necessary by baggage service supplier or airline
• Available to work weekends and holiday
• Minimum high school diploma
• 2 to 3 years of customer service experience
• Airline industry experience is a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient computer skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work a fixed and/or rotating schedule including afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays
• Frequently lift bags or items weighing up to and including 50 pounds
• Occasionally lift bags or items weighing between 50 and 70 pounds
Our ideal candidate has similar work experience and is customer service oriented with the ability to multi-task. As a leading service provider, we commonly introduce cutting edge technologies into the organization, which drives the need for challenge seekers interested in mastering new skills. In addition, we often work in team environments where strong organizational and communication skills lead to success.
Apply on company website