- Works as lead engineer for assigned steam control system projects under the overall management responsibility of the project manager. Accountable for on-time schedule performance, project milestones, customer deliverables, and compliance with regulations and standards.
- Checks control system engineering design, including system design & BOM, ensures the design comply with relevant standards & regulations, and meet customer's requirements.
- Leads control system project, conducts and provides sufficient technical support for project successful fulfillment.
- Attends project kickoff meeting to collect all required design input and customer specific requirements. Participates in engineering review meeting, to ensure adherence to milestones and design outputs
- Delivers engineering drawings, Bill of Materials & documents on schedule, and comply with standards & codes.
- Configures software and hardware to meet project specifications, including control software, HMI, communication interface and control room setup.
- Develops test procedures and lead Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) with customer's representatives.
- Coordinates with Sourcing, Assembly, and Supply Chain in project execution.
- Manages drawing updates and archiving, revision control, and executes Engineering Change.
- Assists in customer product training.
- Assists in customer service issues resolution, warranty and customer support activities.
- Leads site commission successfully.
- Successful delivers all other tasks assigned by manager.
- BS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering with 5 years (or above) work experience on industrial automation/process control domain, be familiar with control system and engineering process
- Be familiar with control system design standards and related regulations
- Ability to analyze technical specifications and proposals.
- Strong knowledge of industry codes and standards (GB, IEEE, ANSI, NEC, IEC, NFPA, CE, AEMC).
- Ability to understand P&ID, control schematic and system logic diagrams.
- Good knowledge on industry standard communication protocols, such as Modbus, OPC, GSM, Arcnet, Genius, Profibus, IO-net.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal skills and highly proficient in computer applications.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, geographically dispersed team environment.
- Proven ability to meet agreed-upon goals with minimum supervision.
- Self-directed and highly motivated with ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) with good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel to customer and vendor sites both Domestic and international.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai
Apply on company website