About Us: Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary: Baker Hughes, a GE company is currently hiring a Senior Staff Data Scientist based in Houston, Texas. The Senior Staff Data Scientist will be part of the core Data Sciences team at BHGE Oil Field Services and develop analytics to meet objectives of the business. In this role, you will lead the development and deployment of modern machine learning and statistical methods for finding process insights to problems in Formation Evaluation, Well Design & Engineering all the way through Production and Plug & Abandonment. Essential Responsibilities: As a Sr. Data Scientist, you will be part of a cross-disciplinary modeling & data science team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include domain experts, statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in BHGE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across Oil & Gas infrastructure and industrial sectors, and operations optimization. Key responsibilities:
- Data exploration and model building targeting given CTQs (field issue investigations, developing tracking filters, inspections, root cause analysis, etc.)
- Understand correlation between various process parameters and provide insights into data.
- Execute design, analysis and development of assigned projects adhering to business standards, practices, procedures and product / program requirements.
- Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
- Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
- Communicate results, findings and observations in clear and concise documents (presentations, reports, technical articles) to peers and program leader in formal/ informal reviews
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Effective multitasking and delivery on time with quality
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives
- Master's degree in Statistics/Computer Science/Mechanical or Chemical or Electrical Engineering from a reputed institution and an excellent academic record
- 6 years of analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial/industrial setting
- Hands-on experience with projects involving Exploratory Data analysis, Model building, Model assessment, Pattern Recognition, machine learning
- Hands-on experience in information retrieval, architecture involving handling large volumes of data.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
- Master's or Ph.D. in STEM field preferred
- Experience with end-to-end modeling projects, from research to solutions to analytic products
- Strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data
- Exposure of edge & cloud computing technologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and ability to influence others and lead small teams
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Apply on company website