Commercial ApplicationEngineers (CAE) work in the Application Engineer Team, reporting to AE Manager.CAE manages and negotiates technical risk within the Inquiry to Order (ITO)process. CAE is responsible for the technical content, technical cost based on customerRequest for Quotations related to Aftermarket Business. Principal workactivities include quotation and order handover.
CAEs use their knowledgeof mechanical, controls and/or electrical engineering together with controlvalve product domain knowledge to develop quotation proposal and cost thatfacilitate total scope offerings. They produce priced Bills of Material thatmeet customers' technical requirements and end-destination technicalregulations. In providing their deliverables, CAEs work with Sourcing, Sales,Engineers, Manufacturer Engineers and customers as required.
The PB level CAE isresponsible for defined work up to those of moderate complexity. In this roleyou will follow an individual work plan and meets day-to-day short-termobjectives and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Communicate individual customer requirements for Sales Manager regarding to quotations
- Communicate requirements for order fulfillment to sourcing and order management teams
- Direct customer management through clear communication internally and externally
- Review and influence customer specifications to assure compliance and/or noted exceptions for development of aftermarket quotations
- Make technical presentations to all levels of customer organization
- Develop detailed supply scopes and cost estimates to facilitate total scope offerings
- Contribute positively to regional sales, orders, profitability, and ITO quality goals
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Controls) from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma)
· Willingness and abilityto travel 20% of the timeDesired Characteristics:
- Industry/Control valve experience.
- Ability to perform engineering analysis and design, to develop engineering solutions in a team environment,
- Good presentation skills
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Strong customer mindset
- Good oral and writtencommunication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Mature self-starter – able to work with minimal supervision
- Team player, exhibiting flexibility
- Results oriented – must be prepared to see the job through
- Commercially aware
Thisis your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imaginedand be part of a truly diverse organization
BakerHughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made withoutregard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteranstatus or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Apply on company website