The Application Solution Architect has two main functions:
· Provide technical depth to the regional sales teams during discovery and qualification of an opportunity.
· Engage with customers where warranted, to explain “how” Bently Nevada technology does what it does and “why” Bently Nevada is the best option whether through a solution/outcome model (e.g. % improvement in unplanned downtime), a specific machine application (e.g. RECIPs) or across an industry vertical (e.g. Fertilizers).
In the role of Application Solution Architect, you will:
· Evaluate opportunities through technical levers, to qualify the sales pipeline and convince potential customers in competitive environment
· Conduct full-form customer discovery workshops for key accounts/opportunities to uncover enterprise opportunities
· Conduct site walkdowns and asset condition monitoring solution assessment surveys
· Provide solution design creation & optionality with articulation of pros/cons from buyer and seller perspective.
· Leverage collaborative use case workshop models during discovery and qualification to achieve maximum alignment of portfolio offer with customer pain points
· Support creation and delivery of a Machinery Action Plan with customer value proposition through consultative and advisory model
· Support commercial organization with critical opportunity ToC (Table of Compliance) and FEED specification creation as needed
· Assist regional sales leader with developing and executing sales strategies relevant to the market using techno-strategic levers that speak to market desired outcomes and trends
· Support HQ competitive assessment activities as in-region point person
· Deliver technical presentations and demos at conferences and trade shows
· Develop engineering and installation technical work scope, schedules and support cost estimates to facilitate offering in area of expertise (e.g. RECIPs)
· Educate Sales, Services and ITO team on latest technology, through trainings & workshops
· Provide support with select implementation of NPI projects and feeding back services and product line with gained experience to improve product maturity and dissemination of knowledge
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
· Minimum of 4 years engineering and/or sales experience in Oil & Gas and/or Power industry
· Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Rotating/Reciprocating Asset Condition Monitoring space in the area of solution design, architecture and/or deployment
· Travel up to 50% of time, as required
· To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a Baker Hughes owned / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
· Demonstrate excellent understanding of modern maintenance methodologies (PM, PdM, RCM, RBM, RAM, TPM, etc.) for plant mechanical and electrical equipment.
· Strong presentation and creative problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
· Strong outcome/solution/strategic selling mindset
· System of Systems thinking
· Keen understanding of project cycle and toll gates
· Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Apply on company website