Baker Hughes is currently hiring an Associate DirectorCarbon Management based in Houston, Texas or the GCA office in Bentley, UK.This role will report into the Gaffney, Cline, & Associates consultancygroup.
Gaffney, Cline & Associates (GCA) is a world leadinginternational advisory firm focused on providing integrated technical andmanagerial services to all sectors of the oil and gas industry. For more than50 years GCA has provided both broad-based and detailed technical andcommercial advice, focusing on results-orientated, commercially viable andpractical solutions designed to meet our client's specific requirements.
GCA advises a wide range of clients in exploration,reservoir evaluation, field development and optimization, drilling andproduction, pipeline, refining and LNG projects throughout the world. GCA hasprincipal offices in UK, Houston and Singapore as well as smaller offices inBuenos Aires, Dubai and Sydney. Gaffney, Cline & Associates is quicklyexpanding its global operations and is now seeking talented and motivatedprofessionals to join its dynamic organization.
The new Carbon Management practice at Gaffney, Cline &Associates builds on our oil and gas expertise by performing technical,commercial and strategic assessment of carbon & climate risks andopportunities. This provides trusted, third party due diligence to our clientsin their evaluations, reporting requirements, permit applications, andfinancial transactions. Our approach provides a systematic way to understandand solve energy transition issues related to oil and gas resources, assets andinvestments
- Help lead the development and deployment of a Global consulting practice in carbon management (CM), carbon capture, use and storage (CCUS) and sustainability of oil and gas operations
- Lead the development of approaches that assess the impact of future climate change policy and energy markets on client's financial performance and the value of their underlying assets.
- Lead the development of approaches that evaluate and manage climate change risks and opportunities over time, and their incorporation into client business strategies, planning, and operations.
- Lead the development of approaches for industry accreditation bodies to implement standards for third parties that verify emissions, emissions performance metrics and emissions reductions.
- Provide carbon management and sustainability input to client projects, including field development planning, reservoir performance analysis, and reserves estimation and auditing.
- Provide input to clients on strategies, programs, initiatives and activities that mitigate GHG emissions, including approaches to energy efficiency, flaring reduction, venting and fugitive emissions reduction, CCUS, offsets and renewable energy sources.
- Support BH assessment of upstream integrated project opportunities
- Support BH products and services in the scope of the practice area
- Support recruitment, mentoring and training activities.
- Manage large multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Handle special projects, as assigned.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills with strong behaviors in humbleness, integrity and trust.
- Global visibility in CM, CCUS and/or sustainability.
- Track record in developing successful industry leadership positions and/or management consulting.
- Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong client focus.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a drive for results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of multi-disciplined teams working with an extensive client base.
- Must be highly motivated with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Good organizing, planning, and presentation skills.
- Sound ability to manage time, make quality decisions, and manage and measure work.
- Ability to work on integrated, cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Master's Degree (Ph.D. an advantage) in Science, Engineering, Policy or related technical degree.
- 10+ years of relevant work with/for oil and gas companies.
- Demonstrated industry leadership in CM and/or sustainability.
Houston, TX / Bentley, UK
Apply on company website