Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.
Baker Hughes has an opening for a versatile Downhole Tools Technician with Electro/Mechanical expertise to join our Assembly, Maintenance, and Overhaul (AMO) & Manufacturing team at our facility in Calgary, Alberta. This Technician will be responsible and accountable for performing a wide range of tasks associated with the assembly and testing of existing and new prototype Downhole Tools. These tasks typically include light to heavy mechanical assembly as well electronics test and assembly. In addition to these duties, the Technician may also be responsible for daily scheduling of the workflow.
- Work in a healthy and safe manner, in accordance with Baker Hughes policies and procedures, reporting any unsafe practices or conditions while also ensuring the health and safety of direct reports.
- Perform Tool disassembly, overhaul and assembly, including thread seasoning, seal replacement, electronics installation/retrofitting.
- Perform System level and sub system level tool testing and verification on Baker Hughes downhole tools and surface equipment.
- Perform some level of electrical assembly and subassembly work
- Planning daily of AMO and/or manufacturing work flows, supervising daily shop personnel to ensure adherence to: work instructions, procedures, processes and documentation relating to the assembly department.
- Support development of AMO and manufacturing procedures and other documentation.
- Maintain Quality documentation as required.
- Interface with other Baker Hughes teams to ensure proper workflow and support where required.
- Support engineering with component testing, and prototype tool assembly and testing.
- Complete training related tasks and conduct training and orientation of new technologists/technicians.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by your immediate supervisor.
- Special projects as assigned
- Associates Degree or technical vocational certification — minimum certificate in Electronics Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience as an electro/mechanical technician, preferably in an MWD/LWD tool repair and maintenance role and/or manufacturing role
- Mechanical aptitude is required and previous experience in a mechanical environment is essential.
- Experience using heavy assembly equipment such as chain tongs, crane and high torque bucking / breakout unit.
- Ability to use a variety of manual/electric/pneumatic hand tools in relation to the assembly.
- Knowledge and experience of electronics and electronics testing, and experience operating associated test equipment
- Experience executing and overseeing functional testing on assemblies.
- Experience with electrical assembly and subassembly work with soldering irons and wire crimpers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering drawings, safety instructions / manuals; maintenance instruction and procedure manuals is essential.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship.
- Previous Baker Hughes AMO experience would be an asset
- Understands and appreciated importance of strong safety culture; ability to work safely and to ensure the safety of others.
- Keen interest in oilfield downhole technology.
- Self driven and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Detailed oriented with excellent organisational and communicational skills.
- Ability to recognize, solve & implement required changes for assembly related problems.
- Ability to train & coach others in specific operations.
- Experience of assembling and testing a number of complex equipment and products is preferred.
Calgary, Alberta T2E 6Y4
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website