Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.
- Provide direction and assistance to work groups to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Provide general technical direction and assistance to customers in the operation, maintenance, repair, safe handling and installation of BKR products.
- Provide on-site interpretation of data and technical instruction.
- Provide technical assistance through on-site guidance and training in operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Assist customers in scheduling maintenance and workload assuring that equipment and parts requirements meet established schedules.
- Make recommendations on findings, reviewing effectiveness of maintenance actions to identify future needs.
- Use initiative and experience to interpret and communicate significant market intelligence and sales opportunities for both assigned programs and ongoing customer support.
- Supervise the installation, calibration and set up of instruments.
- Lead and execute loop check and commissioning phase performing the functional tests.
- Lead and execute unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise.
- Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company Environmental Health and Safety guidelines and procedures.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college
- At least 4+ years of experience in field service or maintenance position.
- Ability to understand and implement technical drawings (wiring diagram, P&ID, General Arrangement, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in rotating equipment control philosophy (Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Centrifugal and Reciprocating Compressors) and their auxiliaries.
- Strong knowledge in field devices, instruments and actuators.
- Strong knowledge and experience on MKVI, MKVIe BKR control systems, Woodward/Micronet.
- Strong knowledge in unit control panel (UCP), motor control center (MCC), direct current panel (DCP) and firefighting system installation and commissioning.
- Good English fluency both spoken and written, Portuguese is a plus.
- Willingness and availability to travel worldwide 80% of the time (on and off-shore).
- Legally authorized to work in MEXICO, PERU OR COLOMBIA for this opening.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website