The Fleet Leader will be responsible for the overallresource planning of the Reel fleet, Fork Lift Trucks, Straddle Trucks, andhired 3rd Party Access Equipment (Cherry Pickers, Scissor Lifts) on theNewcastle Site. The position will requirean understanding of planning, logistics, forecasting and maintenance amongstothers which will lead to the development and overall management of the onsiteand offsite fleet. The Fleet Leader willalso liaise with commercial, projects and planning to ensure that plantcapability meets the future operational needs of the business.Essential Responsibilities:
- Applythe EHS principles in the framework of the fleet management programme, relatingto reel handling and equipment operation
- Developmentof Reel Tracking system (onsite & offsite) to improve visibility of ReelReturns related to Project/Customer Requirements
- Coordinationof onsite Yard Activities to ensure effective day to day operations.
- Managementof Under-rollers and Hub-drive equipment for yard spooling activities
- EnsuringOnsite Reel capacity and Offsite Storage aligns with Loadout and Reel Returnrequirements
- Improveproductivity across all areas in line with Lean Manufacturing Best PracticePrinciples to control all costs related to reels, cradles, ancillaries, hiredequipment etc
- Effective,professional liaison between both internal and external customers andsuppliers, and alignment between Newcastle and Niteroi (Brazil) site.
- Implementingeffective risk and asset management to maintain and improve the equipmentwithin the fleet
- Develop,monitor and report appropriate KPI's relating to Reel and Equipmentavailability
- Responsiblefor coordination of inspection of new reels and associated equipment
- Effectivemanagement of capital expenditure and maintenance of Newcastle reel fleet andancillaries including overseeing capital equipment selections and allassociated documentation is on time and to budget
- Responsiblefor liaising with the Equipment Manufacturers/Relevant Parties to ensure thatall reel fleet (reels/cradles/saddles) has up to date DNV design certification
- Coordinationof FLT Contract, to ensure operational requirements are met
- Performany other tasks as directed by the Asset Management Leader
- Minimumof 5 years experience in an operational and/or leadership role.
- Abilityto interface and communicate effectively with all levels of employees,management, and diverse audiences, including customers, suppliers andcontractors.
- Planningbackground and/or equipment maintenance experience.
- Abilityto work with reel designers, Chief Engineers Office and third party Inspectioncompanies, fabrication companies and service teams and add practicalimprovements to new and current designs to aid production, shipping and reellifespan.
- Changemanagement awareness and flexibility to support changing business priorities
- Workingknowledge of manufacturing process
- Abilityto read and interpret documents such as safety rules, manufacturing workorders, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- DemonstrateBH Beliefs
- Excellentcommunication skills (interpersonal, oral and written)
- Self-motivated,self-starter capable of remaining flexible to changing work priorities
- Proficiencyin software applications MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Technicalknowledge of Product and Equipment beneficial
- P6knowledge / planning experience
- Abilityto define problems, collate data and establish facts in order to solve problems
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live thecareer you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employmentdecisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnicorigin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.Learnmore
Apply on company website