Baker Hughes Company is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.
Baker Hughes offers the opportunity as an experienced General Operator to join the team in Qatar.
- Under general supervision is fully competent in all aspects of operator duties at the well site and at the shop, can maintain the unit and perform all pre-job duties, well-site operations and post-job duties, as well as training of junior operators.
- Is assigned a unit with all of the responsibilities to maintain it in the highest state of readiness.
- Maintains records and communications as required by District Manager.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot Grease Injection Pressure Control Equipment
- Operates the Winch in the Wireline Unit with minimal supervision
- Responsible for proper job-related paperwork and other records for self and assigned crew.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance of all Federal, Country, State, Local and WLE regulations applicable to WLE explosives operations.
- Drives company vehicles in a safe manner, observing all Company and government regulations and arrive at well site or other designated destination at scheduled time.
- Participates actively in quality improvement efforts with respect to ballistics operations.
- Promotes and maintains good customer relations.
- Carries out all required responsibilities safely as described in Managing Base Operations, Managing Well Operations and Managing Equipment and Logistics manuals.
- Performs other related duties as required. Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Industry experience and product line training required.
- Expert knowledge of oil and gas industry and product line.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work well and communicate well with others.
- Experience working in offshore environment is a must
- Experience working with Pipe Conveyed Logging equipment is preferred
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website