The Lead Systems Engineer for the Systems groupwithin Subsea Production & Intervention Controls Systems will providetechnical guidance and development/deployment of world class Control Systemswith the ability to be deployed on multiple EPC and Brownfield projects globally.This role requires a dynamic systems Thinker how is passionate about creatinginnovative customer outcomes.Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsibilityfor developing and delivering Safe and Compliant products across theEngineering Group.
- Workingwith allocated project team to deliver the required systems engineering scope.
- Responsibilityand accountability for delivery of work scopes with allocated project teams.
- Ownershipof system Engineering design file, FMEA, HAZOP and other processes/analysis.
- Collaborationacross the organisation (both peers and senior leaders) to ensure smooth andeffective delivery of all relevant Customer projects (EPC and BrownfieldProject types.
- Supportthe organisation with technical guidance and development of a world classproduct offering.
- Interfaceto internal and external regional clients, building relationships and worldclass response/interaction.
- Fullreview and understanding of technical scope, requirements and specifications.
- Supportin gathering Industry VoC and translating that into technical and productofferings.
- Leadingand supporting Engineering bid work as required.
- Interfacewith Cross-Functional Dependencies in the pursuit of new business to deliverthe most optimal solution
- Worksclosely with the Services ITO Commercial Teams (Inquiry to Order) function toensure accurate and uniform input into tendering and pre-award engineeringactivities, as well, as accurate transition of the systems engineering into theproject delivery phase.
- Providetechnical support to commercial / tender team as required, maintainingcontinuity of ownership of developed technical solution
- Worksclosely with the Subsea Production System engineering resource managers toensure the required resource profile, competency and skillsets are available tosupport the business needs (including participation within the recruitmentprocess)
- Availableto travel to global locations to work with customers and regional teams whenrequired 10%.
- Bachelor or Master'sdegree in Engineering or Science based discipline or equivalent knowledge andexperience.
- Proven Systemsbased experience across Production and/or intervention Controls technology.
- Must have aptitudefor learning new technology, techniques, methods and principles
- Ability tounderstand and connect into the wider BH and OFE business to translate businessmessages across organisation
- Strong analyticalexperience and the ability to use analytical tools to aid & enhanceproduct/offering development
- Understanding ofSubsea architecture and ability to translate that into a winning subseaoffering.
- Practicalknowledge of NPI and project requisition processes
- Ability tochampion and promote the BH Cultural Pillars
- Experiencedeveloping world class, market leading products
- Experiencedelivering projects on both small and large scales
- Ability to travelinternationally as required at short notice.
- Stronginter-personal and communication skills
- Strong knowledgesharing and mentoring capabilities
- Excellent reportwriting & presentation skills
- Ability to providesenior leadership updates in a concise and accurate manner
- Fluent EnglishSpeaker
Applications from job seekers who requiresponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside allother applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to apost if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate isavailable to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in thesecircumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For furtherinformation please visit the UK Border Agency websitehttp://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
- ProblemSolving Skills
- EffectiveDecision Making
- PlanningObjectives & Measurements
- Passionfor Excellence
This is your opportunity to learnmore, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverseorganization
Baker Hughes is an Equal OpportunityEmployer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identityor expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or othercharacteristics protected by law. Learn more
Apply on company website