Baker Hughes, a GE company is currentlyhiring a Mechanical Engineer for our Wireline Services team located at the HoustonTechnology Center (HTC) in Houston, Texas.
The Manufacturing EngineeringTechnology (MET) team supports product transition from Product Development toProduction. A Mechanical Engineer in the HTC location will be responsible fortransitioning the mechanical portion of engineering projects intomanufacturing, and also performing Design for Manufacture, Assembly, andService reviews throughout the product lifecycle. Additionally, this engineerwill troubleshoot both manufacturing and field failures, and support assemblyactivities for prototype and pilot tools on the Production floor.
The person in this role must becomfortable working with ambiguity, have a proven track record of execution, showinginitiative, and demonstrating outstanding communication skills – specifically,have the ability to communicate effectively with both Supply Chain andTechnology teams. This person should also have manufacturing engineeringexperience, knowledge of machining processes, and skills with 3D modelingsoftware.Essential Responsibilities:
- Root cause analysis of prototype and pilot failures in manufacturing and operations
- Read and modify models and drawings for mechanical parts and assemblies
- Finite Element Analysis
- Manufacturing support for assembly and testing
- Review and modify work instructions for mechanical assembly and test
- Nonconformance dispositions
- Initiate engineering change requests
- Conduct “Design for Manufacture, Assembly and Service” reviews
- Work with both Supply Chain and Product Development teams
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Engineering experience including, but not limited to, manufacturing engineering.
- 3+ years engineering experience
- SolidWorks modeling experience, or equivalent software
- Key competencies include, but are not limited to fast execution, strong communication skills, using influence to lead people.
This is your opportunity to learnmore, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverseorganization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard torace, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status orother characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Apply on company website