.NET Software Engineer (DESP)
For our expanding operations, we are increasing our dynamic Development Team in Delft (Zuid-Holland) with several talented Software Developers. As part of one of our Scrum teams, you will be working on our new JewelSuite application for Drilling Engineering.
Drilling wells to produce oil and gas is a complex process that requires careful planning and calculations ahead of execution. During drilling, we measure in real-time the drill bit position, the type of rocks and fluids we penetrate. This data is continuous transmitted to the surface for analysis to make drilling decisions.
High mechanical loads occur and at all times the limits of the drill string nor of the rock formation can be exceeded. Therefore, every wellbore is modeled in detail and the expected conditions are simulated during planning and, in real-time, during job execution with JewelSuite.
It is a key component in BHGE's scientific software portfolio and is critical to ensure the technical success and profitable operation of our global drilling and evaluation operations.
You will help us deliver our product quickly and with high quality by
- Taking ownership of the software development process
- Pro-active contribute to continuously improve our code and development processes
- Being passionate about working in a product development environment
- Showing craftsmanship and being passionate about quality
- Being motivated by complex architecture and code
- Being passionate about helping our products to stay “future-proof”
- Adding value to the team through your knowledge and programming skills. With your team grow in achieving unique and outstanding performance
- Enjoying to learn from your motivated and skilled colleagues and in turn you share your knowledge
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or equivalent with significant experience in software development
- You have in depth knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Visual Studio and C#
- You have thorough knowledge of software architecture, object oriented design, unit testing, and best practices (e.g. SOLID, TDD, BDD)
- You have proven experience with Scrum/Agile software development
- You have experience with HTML5/TypeScript/ReactiveJS
- Willing to travel internationally (up to 10%)
- You have excellent English communications skills (verbal and written)
- Working in a multi-team project, following SAFE principles
- Working on exciting scientific software in the Oil & Gas domain
- Being part of a passionate community of development professionals where you can be yourself and develop your technical skills
- Access to self-learning resources (e.g. PluralSight)
- Our commitment for the long run (by providing trainings, career growth)
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus program
- Healthcare allowance (€ 138,70 gross per month)
- 25 Vacation days, the year after (if not been ill) 5 days extra
- Open and transparent way of working together
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Apply on company website