At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy.With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deployingindustry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionizedenergy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer,cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solvecustomer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being ofour workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels tobring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity andinclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people aredeveloped, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid ofthe tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the wayfor a new energy future.Role Summary:
Provide design-engineering support from bid acquisitionthrough to project execution, supporting under direct supervision, the work ofthe systems design and engineering group. Interface with the project engineers, technology engineers, analysts anddepartment engineering leaders.Essential Responsibilities:
- Undertake calculations and analysesusing a combination of in-house and general software as well as handcalculations
- Assist in the design/executionengineering interfaces
- Attend client meetings as BHGEtechnical representative
- Provide technical support tointernal execution engineering and to external customers
- Ensure that the applicableengineering aspects of the design, quality and safety requirements areimplemented in accordance with BHGE and statutory requirements
- Prepare, review and approve designdocumentation
- Produce engineering reports andother documents in accordance with BHGE procedures
- Interface with all departments asrequired, to present a comprehensive technical package
- Project Deliverables
- Departmental key performanceindicators
- Project Interfaces includinginternal stakeholders
- Compliance and integrity
- A suitable degree in mechanical,structural, marine engineering or Naval Architecture (Other science baseddegrees may be considered with commensurate experience)
- Outstanding interpersonal,communication and computer skills are essential
- High technical ability required
- Ability to read, analyse, andinterpret technical specifications, governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, businesscorrespondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work on all stages of aproject from bid through to execution
- Ability to operate within amulti-tasking dynamic team environment
- Aptitude to learning new designtools to broaden experience
- Clear logical thinker, demonstratingan analytical approach
- Flexible attitude and proactiveapproach to unpredictable demands
- Ability to perform under pressure todeadlines without compromising standards
- Honesty, integrity, respect forconfidentiality
Applicationsfrom job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and willbe considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidatesmay not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilledEU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body isunlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test.For further information please visit the UK Border Agency websitehttp://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
- Understanding of offshore pipelinedesign and installation methods
- Minimum 2 years' experience in thekey performance areas stated above, ideally with at least 1 year as a DesignEngineer (preferably in offshore design projects).
- Experience with interacting withcustomers during commercial tendering.
Apply on company website