Baker Hughes offers the opportunity for an experienced Tax Professional to join the Finance Team in Aberdeen, UK working with the Europe Tax Leader.Essential Responsibilities:
Maximising European incentives for BH, implementation of real time R&D Expenditure Credit (RDEC) systems for UK entities, roll out of SkatteFUNN claims for BH and review of claims in other European countries like Italy and Poland.
Tax Manager of Process & Pipeline Services business – Commercial support looking at structuring with assistance from regional tax teams, branch taxation, Intellectual Property, R&D and WHT planning, acting as a conduit to the tax organisation.
- UK and Nordic tax returns - Oversight and working on UK and Nordic tax return preparation to drive efficiencies in return preparation working with finance, global operations and PWC Tax teams.
- Management and Improvement of processes looking at corporate Interest restrictions, Group relief
- Assisting with tax audits in Europe.
- Partner to implement tax initiatives, drive simplification and process improvements, and support standardization of best practices.
- Bachelor of Arts or MBA with specialization in accounting and taxation or equivalent knowledge
- Strong technical knowledge in the areas of accounting and taxation
- Proven experience within the tax department of an international firm or from a tax consultancy
- Ability to work with colleagues across a range of disciplines, understanding and respecting their roles to ensure that the Tax Function is represented in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork
- Determination and analytical strength
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, positive attitude, good analytical skills and ability to work within a matrix organization
- Self-motivated and able to manage cross-functional team
- Experience managing projects
- Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/ applications an advantage (Oracle, SAP, HFM, Business Objects, etc.), strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (pivot tables, VLookup, Macros, etc.)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Apply on company website