BakerHughes are looking to secure a talented Xmas Tree System Engineer. Thisindividual will be working and collaborating as part of a global engineeringgroup, designing subsea xmas trees for both UK & International sectors. Youwill be expected to work closely with the manufacturing site which allows aunique opportunity to see projects from conception through to manufacture atthe company's state of the art CoE in Montrose. The system engineer hastechnical responsibility for defining configuration of the tree system designswhere assigned to specific global client projects of Well Systems.
The rolewill contribute within a project team to configure design solutions for both horizontal& vertical subsea xmas tree systems and associated tooling.
This rolereports functionally to the regional project engineering manager.Essential Responsibilities:
- Configureengineering solutions to meet client requirements.
- Establishfunctional requirements and agree approval with internal stake holders &clients.
- UsingTeamcentre to create project bill of materials and associated documentation.
- Performtechnical reviews in the definition & maintenance of project designs.
- Supportinternal functions such as supply chain & manufacturing in definition ofthe product.
- Undertakedesign verification, which may include but not limited to: risk analysis,failure analysis, finite element analysis, flow assurance, or calculations toestablish project design verification packages.
- Creationof documentation e.g procedures and datasheets, which support the projectsolution.
- Identifyimprovements in existing products, procedures and processes which targetcost-out & additive/lean manufacturing practices.
- Collaboratewith product owners, controlled titles & operations engineer to agreeapplication of technologies & disposition of deviations from manufacture orsuppliers.
- Ensureproject designs conform with latest regulatory, environmental & safetystandards with implementation of necessary revisions and/or obsolesce of parts.
- Communicateproduct design standards for interpretation & adherence by others.
- Planand deliver engineering activities required in product life cycle management.
- Supportand witness as required through build & test phases for responsibledesigns.
- Degreequalification in engineering from accredited university or college.
- Practicalknowledge project design process and product life cycle management.
- Practicalknowledge of product standards & drafting standards.
- Usingstrong interpersonal skills to collaborate across the global engineering team
- Reportwriting and presentation skills.
- Abilityto synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts and deducesolutions
Applicationsfrom job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and willbe considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidatesmay not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilledEU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body isunlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test.For further information please visit the UK Border Agency websitehttp://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Locations: Aberdeen
Apply on company website