Lead Engineer – Valve Engineer for Subsea Production Systems will beresponsible for subsea valve and actuators utilised across the Baker Hughessubsea product line. Reporting to the Core Product Engineering Manager, youwill be responsible for the design and specification of subsea valves andactuators used with Baker Hughes manifolds, Xmas trees, pipelines and subseadistribution units.
In this role the Lead Engineer is to deliver valve packages across BakerHughes Subsea Production Systems and Services. The Lead Engineer will beresponsible for the specification and Engineering of subsea valves andactuators that are Baker Hughes proprietary design and valves bought from 3rdparty suppliers. Core products covered will include, but are not limited to:Subsea gate, ball and check valves and their associated actuators.
· Working as partof the Core Product team as team that delivers on-time and within budgets.
- Drive rationalisation of valve and actuator assemblies as well asestablishing and maintaining Product Catalogues of configured, pre-qualifiedvalves. Reduce part proliferation and ensure part re-use.
- Produce new valve designs and drive qualification in line withindustry standards. Ensure solutions are cost effective for target markets.
- Promote technical excellence to support product design, technologydevelopment, supplier quality & process qualification, internalmanufacturing, field services and issue resolution.
- Support and deliver project workscopes to product and projectfulfilment with technical rigor, responsiveness, good business sense,simplicity and customer focus.
- Be the point of contact for advice and problem resolution toclients, sourcing, product management and manufacturing related to valves &actuators.
- Continuously drive the creation of common specifications,procedures and approaches through areas of expertise across the subseaproductions systems. Identifying Synergies and eliminating duplication ofeffort and waste.
- Work closely with sourcing, manufacturing and quality to ensurephilosophy of the Product Catalogue is understood and leveraged in long-termsupplier agreements. Solicit feedback from supply chain and across functions toensure the Product Catalogue offers maximum value.
- Provide operational direction consistent with business initiatives& drive excellence in the areas of integrity, controllership and compliance
- Create and embrace new business initiatives / ideas &encourage team members to do the same and incorporate them into daily work
- Identify and Implement initiatives to continuously improve theresponsiveness of the organization to customer & business needs
- Masters or Bachelor degree in Engineering or science baseddiscipline.
- Strong Engineering experience in valves and actuator design
- Availability to travel internationally for project needs and forshort term assignments
- Fluent English speaker
Thisis your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imaginedand be part of a truly diverse organization
BakerHughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made withoutregard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteranstatus or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Apply on company website