The people who work at Ballard Designs are passionate about creating a destination for aspiring and professional decorators alike. Like a good friend with great taste, they welcome all who visit with warmth and genuine enthusiasm and showcase all the ingredients for the guest to turn their ideas into reality. The passion for our brand is demonstrated through every experience created as we strive to give our guest the inspiration she needs to shape her plans.
Our retail expansion in key markets starts with hiring not only the best leaders but also hiring a stellar team. As Design Consultant, you will be responsible for many facets of elevating our guest experience with an emphasis on nurturing the growth of our complimentary design service. Your partnership with other Design Consultants will help promote external outreach within the community to support and expand our current market penetration. You are the champion of guest engagement so that our guest will experience an inspiring shopping event where they feel empowered to customize their space.
The Design Consultant Position
- Understand the design industry and our Design Solutions (DS) business acumen
- Coordinate needs, present solutions and alternatives to individual guest that are seeking design expertise. This encounter should culminate in sales growth within the market
- Provide design expertise for scheduled appointments (Studio and Home visits), virtual appointments, and “on-demand” design time
- Schedule and conduct professional Home Visits as a next step in completing design presentations and closing project sales
- Build guest loyalty through in-store programs including, but not limited to, Design Services, Ballard Designs private label credit card, and community outreach programs
- In partnership with the corporate retail team, facilitate the store presentation of the Ballard Designs swatch library, including swatch ordering, maintenance and organization, as well as provide viable solutions to elevate the overall guest experience while working with upholstery
- Proactively identify and network with local organizations and businesses that would benefit from Design Solutions services and provide them with DS marketing materials.
- Partner with the Design Solutions team to promote the Designer Trade program, ultimately driving business
- Coordinate and host guest outreach events and design classes with the partnership of the corporate retail team.
- Work directly with the Store Manager and Senior Design Consultant to meet varying time requirements for all aspects of the Design Solutions program for the goal of an organized and efficient DS work flow
- Support the retail store team in varied responsibilities, including (but not limited to), order entry, visual floorsets and merchandising, reinforcement of store maintenance and standards, and product training activities
- College degree with focus on interior design preferred and/or equivalent job experience
- The ideal candidate will have 2 – 5 year's experience in interior design, consultation and event planning
- Provide a design portfolio or clear examples of recent projects
- Strong space planning skills
- Employ basic drafting skills with the ability to read and interpret architectural plans and basic floor plans
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and other web based platforms
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple objectives simultaneously with various time lines
- Excellent communications, delegation, follow-up and analytical skills
- Broad knowledge of competitors and trends, colors and special planning
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Ability to be mobile outside of the Studio and comfortable conducting Home Visits with established guests
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Maintain all driving expense and mileage records for In-Home consultations
- Valid Driver's License with satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report from applicable state
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50lbs
- Ability to travel occasionally to support our ever-expanding retail market
- Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guest are the reason we are in business
Apply on company website